Rumor: Saints checking in on availability of Brandin Cooks (1 Viewer)

He most definitely is. I wouldn't be opposed to the trade if it's a 5th or later. We just need him healthy for at least 5-6 games.

Make it happen, Loomis.

How bad is the situation with MT if we are kicking the tires on Brandin Cooks?
Even though Cooks is one hit in the head away from retirement, I would be in favor of throwing a fifth round pick at Houston to take him in. He's better than any WR the Saints have on the roster........ who will also be available to start the season. Assuming he doesn't get concussed in practice.

Saying click bait

I see. I'm a subscriber to Underhill's site and I don't know that there is a world of difference between what he says in his latest article and what NBC is reporting here. There is definitely some confusion as to whether the 12-16 weeks means from now, or from the commencement of the season proper. I assume it is the former but either scenario is going to leave us without MT for a considerable portion of the year.

It’s not clear. In the thread, Underhill is saying nothing changed on the timeline - 12-16 weeks beginning in June. Maybe it’s people mistaking it to mean 12-16 weeks of the regular season?
As I understand it, nothing has changed since the first report. The healing process is expected to take 12-16 weeks post surgery, which was sometime in June. 6-8 weeks for the ligaments etc to heal and another 6-8 weeks to work it into game shape. That would mean he should only miss 1-4 games or so, depending on when the surgery was and how he heels.

Last edited:

As I understand it, nothing has changed since the first report. The healing process is expected to take 12-16 weeks post surgery, which was sometime in June. 6-8 weeks for the ligaments etc to heal and another 6-8 weeks to work it into game shape. That would mean he should only miss 1-4 games or so, depending on when the surgery was and how he heels.

Right. I meant the tweet that was posted here wasn’t clear. I was guessing it referred to some confusion about the timeline, which as Underhill pointed out, hasn’t changed and began in June.

Cooks could replace Sanders basically. Veteran presence and if healthy a really good weapon

Bring back Brandin Cooks and Kenny Stills!
I can see Cooks being brought back if Miami will let him go for a 5th, but I highly doubt Payton wants Stills back being he was part of the purge a few years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom