RUMOR: Saints could release James Laurinaitis (1 Viewer)

That was a good sign anyway. He was cheap. Anyone critical of this signing doesn't know how NFL and nfl salary cap works.

The guy never missed a game in seven seasons until he came to New Orleans. We sure are a snake-bitten team this year.

That's an asinine thing to say. What is usually red thumbed and castigated to death is unwarranted negativity without any substantive information to support it.

he is somewhat right...

i've been "banned" over something as trivial as "player x isn't good"

the trick is to wait til they inevitably get cut, like JL. who was a terrible signing from the start

he is somewhat right...

i've been "banned" over something as trivial as "player x isn't good"

the trick is to wait til they inevitably get cut, like JL. who was a terrible signing from the start

A cheap sign is never a terrible sign. If you think otherwise you deserve the red thumbs.

Isn't this more a testament to Robertson lighting it up in the middle for us? That and a now healthyish ellerbe and stupid performing above expectation and we no longer needed him.
He helped install the defense though, you can be sure of that.

Isn't this more a testament to Robertson lighting it up in the middle for us? That and a now healthyish ellerbe and stupid performing above expectation and we no longer needed him.
He helped install the defense though, you can be sure of that.

Ellerbe and stupid???

At some point it has to be more beneficial to just keep someone around.

honestly it was gonna happen sooner or later, he brought vet leadership and could help young guys develop a bit more. Healthy Ellerbe and Kikaha coming back this and next season the move just makes sense.

I think his mental capability surpassed his physical capability due to injury. He just couldn't shake it.

No, I get it, and I agree. I am just seeing people saying that this wasn't a good signing, but by all accounts, in the beginning l, this was a fine signing. I just wanted to justify why I thought (early on) that this was a good signing.

The guy never missed a game in seven seasons until he came to New Orleans. We sure are a snake-bitten team this year.

If I had to guess, the guy isn't injured. He was brought in to shore up the LBs and was being outperformed by a wide margin by Robertson and Stupar. I think his "injury" was a way to disguise his benching.

I'll bet he passes whatever physical he takes and signs with a team shortly thereafter.

Even though it didn't work out, the Laurinaitis signing was still a good one. The team did not overpay, they brought in Stupar, Robertson, and Laurinaitis and 2 out of 3 of those guys have stuck. Not bad at all.

A cheap sign is never a terrible sign. If you think otherwise you deserve the red thumbs.

JL is relatively cheap for a flyer, yes, between $3-4million I believe. Money that could have maybe been used elsewhere, but still pretty cheap.

The main issue was that everybody already knew he was going to be bad. He was rated as the 2nd to worst ILBer in all of football last year (71 out of 72 I believe?), was never athletic, and let walk by his team because of poor play. We knew he couldn't play. St Louis knew he couldn't play...

WE KNEW EXACTLY WHO HE WAS

And still signed him, and now cutting him for finding out what we already knew. Maybe he is a good leader, but then hire a better LB coach than Vitt if that's what you want. We needed players.

And here we had statistically one of the best Rookie LBers in Saints history, lose his job, probably lose his confidence, lost key snaps to develop his game, etc. because we signed this waste of space of a player. That is the biggest beef I believe among fans. We all knew JL would be terrible beforehand, and now that scenario has fulfilled where we've set Anthony back in development a year.

Robertson, Stupar. These dudes brought stuff to the table. Robertson was a premier coverage ILB in Cleveland. Stupar had great ST play and was good OLB when asked. They had qualities to help the team. All JL brought to the table was "experience". Combined with the cost of hindering the development of our own once-promising ILB, the relatively low cap hit cost still wasn't worth it.

That's an asinine thing to say. What is usually red thumbed and castigated to death is unwarranted negativity without any substantive information to support it.
Maybe it's just people's opinions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom