RUMOR: Saints could release James Laurinaitis (1 Viewer)

Father time and the lack of a dominant D-line finally did JL in.

he is somewhat right...

i've been "banned" over something as trivial as "player x isn't good"

the trick is to wait til they inevitably get cut, like JL. who was a terrible signing from the start

False. You were never banned for over something as trivial as "player x isn't good"

If you have an issue with moderation on the site, contact a mod or admin via a PM.

And, what part of "low-risk signing" don't you understand?

That's an asinine thing to say. What is usually red thumbed and castigated to death is unwarranted negativity without any substantive information to support it.

Just curious wouldn't a comment directed towards a member such as "asinine" be considered a derogatory remark? Yes I know your defense will be that it wasn't directed towards the poster but rather towards the comment he made, however veiled insults are also against the rules in the message board. Since the comment came from the poster, who did not call out any one particular mod then by definition you are insulting the board member, who did not directly insult you.

FYI the definition and synonyms for asinine is as follows:

as·i·nine
/ˈasəˌnīn/
adjective

extremely stupid or foolish.
"Lydia ignored his asinine remark"

synonyms: stupid, foolish, brainless, mindless, senseless, idiotic, imbecilic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, inane, witless, empty-headed; informal, halfwitted, dimwitted, dumb, moronic
"an asinine stunt"

We made 4 of these low-risk signings this year. All but one worked out awesomely.

Nice work Loomis.

This. People can focus on the guy who didn't work out but I try to look at the positives. Loomis took a low risk chance on a player and it didn't work out. Happens all the time. Sometimes you hit. Sometimes you miss. But...

xByII.jpg

Just curious wouldn't a comment directed towards a member such as "asinine" be considered a derogatory remark? Yes I know your defense will be that it wasn't directed towards the poster but rather towards the comment he made, however veiled insults are also against the rules in the message board. Since the comment came from the poster, who did not call out any one particular mod then by definition you are insulting the board member, who did not directly insult you.

FYI the definition and synonyms for asinine is as follows:

as·i·nine
/ˈasəˌnīn/
adjective

extremely stupid or foolish.
"Lydia ignored his asinine remark"

synonyms: stupid, foolish, brainless, mindless, senseless, idiotic, imbecilic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, inane, witless, empty-headed; informal, halfwitted, dimwitted, dumb, moronic
"an asinine stunt"

We encourage members to debate the post, not the poster. If I had called Jackavelli asinine, then yes, it would be a rules violation. But he's not, and is a pretty good poster. I felt the comment was pretty stupid though, so I addressed it.

False. You were never banned for over something as trivial as "player x isn't good"

If you have an issue with moderation on the site, contact a mod or admin via a PM.

Can't wait for the reply on this one.

I won't crucify that the FO made a run at a player they thought would make the defense better. Guy wasn't the best physically, but never missed a game and was a leader. Meh...

Kudos to those on the board that didn't like the signing originally. Can't help to think that a much better cap situation next season and our current record has made it an open tryout for next seasons roster. I'm anticipating a very active offseason.

Maybe it is, but that doesn't make it any less of an asinine statement.

It's a matter of reciprocity. If you are going to be vocally critical of something, you have to be prepared to receive criticism yourself from those who disagree with you. That typically, in my opinion, is not complaining that you "can't say anything negative" or "I got killed/red thumbed/ flamed when I said something similar".

Opinions are going to be expressed on a message board, sometimes strongly, and deviation from the majority's thinking is often not going to be popular or well received. But complaining about how your opinion was received, or pointing out repeatedly things that you were right about, are almost always going to get even more counter-criticism directed towards you.
K

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He served his purpose. That purpose being someone who came into the organization with an understanding of the schemes we're employing based on his time under Williams in STL and teaching it to his position group and helping others who might not understand it as well as he did.

Sucks that he wasn't able to recover from the injury that made him such a bad linebacker last year playing with one arm, but to say that he didn't help the team when it was constantly reported in training camp all the teaching he was doing on and off the field is the reason we're able to let him go if this report is true. He helped get the defense installed in camp and we're better off for it.

He served his purpose. That purpose being someone who came into the organization with an understanding of the schemes we're employing based on his time under Williams in STL and teaching it to his position group and helping others who might not understand it as well as he did.

Sucks that he wasn't able to recover from the injury that made him such a bad linebacker last year playing with one arm, but to say that he didn't help the team when it was constantly reported in training camp all the teaching he was doing on and off the field is the reason we're able to let him go if this report is true. He helped get the defense installed in camp and we're better off for it.

I looked at the cap hit and we'd only be on the hook for about 1.6 mil i suppose. He wasn't a big FA signing and i think the contract was front loaded.

sorry,

"player x isn't any good" and "player x stinks" are the same thing, and yes I received the infraction that "banned me" for the latter.

Not that I care, I was just agreeing with the poster that being critical of a player has the potential to get you banned. Silly that you need to be specific of why the player stinks, but a rule is a rule i guess.

"player X stinks" might get you banned if you're too lazy to write "Player X stinks because he isn't good at playing football" which apparently doesn't get you banned.

I think the moderation is good on this board, just was pointing out according to the rules you need to be extra specific about why a player stinks or you may get punished, so technically he wasn't wrong

I'm slightly concerned about our depth at lb. Mauti is on the injured list, Anthony is "injured" and We have some decent guys playing, but we are a play or two away from being in a scramble for bodies.

Who is the backup MLB now if it's not Anthony? Robertson was at the beginning of the season, but he's the starter now. The presumed 2nd MLB is going to be released.

I'm slightly concerned about our depth at lb. Mauti is on the injured list, Anthony is "injured" and We have some decent guys playing, but we are a play or two away from being in a scramble for bodies.

Who is the backup MLB now if it's not Anthony? Robertson was at the beginning of the season, but he's the starter now. The presumed 2nd MLB is going to be released.

Apparently Anthony got upgraded to active tomorrow, so he's doing better injury wise. Which is probably another reason for letting go of JL.

sorry,

"player x isn't any good" and "player x stinks" are the same thing, and yes I received the infraction that "banned me" for the latter.

Not that I care, I was just agreeing with the poster that being critical of a player has the potential to get you banned. Silly that you need to be specific of why the player stinks, but a rule is a rule i guess.

"player X stinks" might get you banned if you're too lazy to write "Player X stinks because he isn't good at playing football" which apparently doesn't get you banned.

I think the moderation is good on this board, just was pointing out according to the rules you need to be extra specific about why a player stinks or you may get punished, so technically he wasn't wrong

You're correct saying a player x stinks and player x isn't good are the same thing, a rule infraction.

What is allowed is constructively talking about an aspect of a player's game or a coach's coaching.

Not the player or coach themselves.

Reason being, is that this is a forum. You can easily debate "Sean's playing calling has been stupid". You can't debate "Sean is stupid". It offers nothing to the conversation other than you personally don't like ___________.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom