(Rumor) Saints lean pass rush at 11 (1 Viewer)

It's actually very possible, depending on what cooks is valued at. I put this up in the main cooks thread.

Considering the Eagles trade would involve the #15 pick, that's what I will say we should say Cooks value is. Based on the points system:

Scenario 1:
Saints give Cooks and #42 = 1530
Titans give #5 = 1700
We would probably have to throw in our 4th rounder to make this one work.

Scenario 2:
Saints give Cooks and #11 = 2300
Titans give #5 and #18 = 2600
We would probably have to throw in our 3rd rounder also to make this one work (it's valued at 220)

Scenario 3 (what's being reported)
Saints give Cooks and #11 = 2300
Titans give #5 = 1700

I threw in every other draft pick Tennessee has (besides their 7th) and only got to 1940. We would be getting hosed if this report is true.

#3 not worth it, has to to be #2 or maybe #1. No way I'd give up Cooks and #11 to move up 6 spots.

Maybe.

But Myles Garrett - he's the real deal. I feel it in my bones. Only thing that'll derail that guy is an injury. He's an over-achiever on the field and off of it. Have you read any of his poetry?... a defensive end that dominates football games and writes poetry. Have you found out what his play lists are for music? Not typical. Have you found out the guy spends his free time reading novels and writing essays (similar to Jabari Greer)? Have you watched some of his tape on DBD beating double-teams like no one was there?

He's the best. After him, it's debatable.

those facts are any reason to draft him. sure his play is important, but his artistic tendancies are meaningless.

Agreed, we would have gotten taken to the cleaners if that happens. I personally would love scenario 1. We could grab two top prospects with 2 picks in the top 11.

Taco Charlton is a bust waiting to happen, dude gets all of his sacks by the qb running into him or coverage sacks. Rarely if ever he lines up against a decent tackle and straight 1v1 beats him with some type of rush move and get the sack, now go look at Derek Barnett and watch and awe at that dip and rip move.

I can see why he's rated so high, but im def not sold for all the same reasons you stated. He seems to take plays off & is slow to react when the play isnt coming directly towards him. Seems like more of a size speed athlete, than a natural football player.

I'd prefer Takk or the best DB available at 11, or Basham or Tim Williams in the 2nd. Drafting a prospect like Taco, is like when we drafted Anthony. We're hoping their athleticism will trump their deficiencies in instincts.

When/if that lightbulb ever turns on, these guys can be stars. If not, then there just the fastest, most athletic guys on the bench. I hope we steer clear of those types of players early in the draft. Those kind of guys you draft late on day 2 and beyond. Not in the 1st.

Taco kind of seems like the DE version of Stephone Anthony in a way. This could be way off, but Taco has the prototype build. I just don't see him owning offensive linemen like some of these other guys. Not a whole lot of "wow" plays. If you could put Tim Williams or Takkarist McKinley in Taco's body, you would have a superstar. I just don't know if he's as good a football player as those guys.

Like I said, I could be way off here. Just a thought...

EJW brought something up a few times in the past few months. If the teams in your division make a move, you have to counter that move. Right now we have no answer for Atlanta's RBs. Say the Bucs take Cook. Then say the Panthers take Fournette... Ouch. Our division is stacked at RB...

Say we get 2 first round picks out of a Cooks trade (you have to use your imagination a little bit here) but..

1st - Jonathan Allen
1st - Reuben Foster
2nd - Tim Williams
3rd - Ryan Anderson
4th - Eddie Jackson

I'm pretty sure this group would put a hurt on the Bucs and Falcons running games, but Carolina? Fournette would never rush for more than 31 yards vs these guys. (Big LF fan, absolutely not a Bama fan, reading EJW's remarks on countering instantly brought this far fetched scenario to mind.

EJW brought something up a few times in the past few months. If the teams in your division make a move, you have to counter that move. Right now we have no answer for Atlanta's RBs. Say the Bucs take Cook. Then say the Panthers take Fournette... Ouch. Our division is stacked at RB...

Say we get 2 first round picks out of a Cooks trade (you have to use your imagination a little bit here) but..

1st - Jonathan Allen
1st - Reuben Foster
2nd - Tim Williams
3rd - Ryan Anderson
4th - Eddie Jackson

I'm pretty sure this group would put a hurt on the Bucs and Falcons running games, but Carolina? Fournette would never rush for more than 31 yards vs these guys. (Big LF fan, absolutely not a Bama fan, reading EJW's remarks on countering instantly brought this far fetched scenario to mind.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86950&stc=1&d=1488604567

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 51
Taco kind of seems like the DE version of Stephone Anthony in a way. This could be way off, but Taco has the prototype build. I just don't see him owning offensive linemen like some of these other guys. Not a whole lot of "wow" plays. If you could put Tim Williams or Takkarist McKinley in Taco's body, you would have a superstar. I just don't know if he's as good a football player as those guys.

Like I said, I could be way off here. Just a thought...

Ya, i agree. If Taco displayed the relentless fury that guys like Takk, Williams, Barnett, Basham, & Carl Lawson have, he'd comfortably be the pick at 11. But there's something very off putting about his game. The underachiever tag worries me a lot, cause that's the first thing i see when i watch him play. He leaves a ton of plays on the field.

You have to do too much imagining, in terms of projecting what he'll bring to the next level. I mean, you didnt always see him ball out on the field as consistently as all the other guys he's being mentioned with. It's like he has Bugatti for a body, but he rolls like he's a Hundai. The athleticism is clearly there, & Taco sure does have the prototypical look you want in a pass rusher. Its just his game doesnt exactly match up w/either of those traits, right now.

Is he the guy who finished the year off on fire? Or was that just a hot streak & he'll fall back to his old self once he faces NFL level talent. It's def hard to say. That totally screams boom or bust, to me.

They say Taco Charlton is the edge rusher Saints are targeting at 11

those facts are any reason to draft him. sure his play is important, but his artistic tendancies are meaningless.

Those intangibles are indeed important.

1. Would you rather have a Drew Brees at QB, or a Michael Vick?
2. Would you rather have a Myles Garrett at DE, or a Randy Gregory?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom