(Rumor) Saints lean pass rush at 11 (1 Viewer)

I want the guy named Taco

tumblr_mwq4wuKYJg1qbql2i_frame1.jpg

I dunno. There's just so many GOOD pass rushers in this draft.

Myles Garrett is the only one (to me) that stands head and shoulders above the rest. And he's gone with the 1st pick. All the others, it's debatable who's better.

Where is this pipe dream coming from? We're not going to end up with 5 and 18. It's just not going to happen. We may end up with 5. We may end up with 11 and 18. 5 and 18 is not going to happen. I don't even know where the idea came from.

It's actually very possible, depending on what cooks is valued at. I put this up in the main cooks thread.

Considering the Eagles trade would involve the #15 pick, that's what I will say we should say Cooks value is. Based on the points system:

Scenario 1:
Saints give Cooks and #42 = 1530
Titans give #5 = 1700
We would probably have to throw in our 4th rounder to make this one work.

Scenario 2:
Saints give Cooks and #11 = 2300
Titans give #5 and #18 = 2600
We would probably have to throw in our 3rd rounder also to make this one work (it's valued at 220)

Scenario 3 (what's being reported)
Titans give #5 = 1700

I threw in every other draft pick Tennessee has (besides their 7th) and only got to 1940. We would be getting hosed if this report is true.

Myles Garrett is the only one (to me) that stands head and shoulders above the rest. And he's gone with the 1st pick. All the others, it's debatable who's better.

Not necessarily. Words coming out that Cleveland is looking hard at Trubisky also.

Not necessarily. Words coming out that Cleveland is looking hard at Trubisky also.

Regardless. He's gone top 5. He's the best. I'm not alone in that thought.

All the other pass rushers - I've watched hours and hours of tape, run through mabye five hundred draft simulations, read hours and hours of bio's, interviews, medical histories, off the field situations, scouting reports, etc.

And the conclusion I've come to? That there's about 20 really, really good pass rushers in this draft. One day the best after Garrett is Derek Barnett, another it's Taco Charleton, another it's Tim Williams, another it's Tyus Bowser, another it's Tak McKinley, another it's Charles Harris, another it's Carl Lawson, another it's Ejuan Price, another it's Solomon Thomas, another it's Trey Hendrickson, another it's Deatrich Wise, another it's Kpassagnon..... you get the idea.

Regardless. He's gone top 5. He's the best. I'm not alone in that thought.

All the other pass rushers - I've watched hours and hours of tape, run through mabye five hundred draft simulations, read hours and hours of bio's, interviews, medical histories, off the field situations, scouting reports, etc.

And the conclusion I've come to? That there's about 20 really, really good pass rushers in this draft. One day the best after Garrett is Derek Barnett, another it's Taco Charleton, another it's Tim Williams, another it's Tyus Bowser, another it's Tak McKinley, another it's Charles Harris, another it's Carl Lawson, another it's Ejuan Price, another it's Solomon Thomas, another it's Trey Hendrickson, another it's Deatrich Wise, another it's Kpassagnon..... you get the idea.

It's going to be that way until draft day. I personally want Barnett out of all the pass rushers. I just think he is the safest bet to make an NFL impact. If we could somehow get #5 and keep our #11 from the titans, then I would hope we take Lattimore at #5 and Barnett at 11. Use our 3rd rounder on Beckwith.

It's actually very possible, depending on what cooks is valued at. I put this up in the main cooks thread.

Considering the Eagles trade would involve the #15 pick, that's what I will say we should say Cooks value is. Based on the points system:

Scenario 1:
Saints give Cooks and #42 = 1530
Titans give #5 = 1700
We would probably have to throw in our 4th rounder to make this one work.

Scenario 2:
Titans give #5 and #18 = 2600
We would probably have to throw in our 3rd rounder also to make this one work (it's valued at 220)

Scenario 3 (what's being reported)
Titans give #5 = 1700

I threw in every other draft pick Tennessee has (besides their 7th) and only got to 1940. We would be getting hosed if this report is true.

Eagles pick at 14 now. They won the coin flip against the Colts.

It's going to be that way until draft day. I personally want Barnett out of all the pass rushers. I just think he is the safest bet to make an NFL impact. If we could somehow get #5 and keep our #11 from the titans, then I would hope we take Lattimore at #5 and Barnett at 11. Use our 3rd rounder on Beckwith.

Even Barnett has his controversies. Slow off the snap (which is not debatable - often the last to react), got most of his production at 3-tech instead of DE, low ceiling, etc.

I like Barnett too. But whether he's head and shoulders better than the rest? that's debatable.

Eagles pick at 14 now. They won the coin flip against the Colts.

Yeah I didn't want to go back and redo it since it's only a 50 point difference. As more comes out I will make a new thread with the values on all the different scenarios that's being reported.

Even Barnett has his controversies. Slow off the snap (which is not debatable - often the last to react), got most of his production at 3-tech instead of DE, low ceiling, etc.

I like Barnett too. But whether he's head and shoulders better than the rest? that's debatable.

He's going to be the safest, not the best. I think with the right coaching staff and supporting cast, with some patience Thomas will end up being the best (even better than Garret), but he's just as likely to bust out also.

He was such a non factor when they played LSU, and our Oline wasn't amazing.

I see overrated.

But I'm probably wrong because so many have him going #1 overall

He was such a non factor when they played LSU, and our Oline wasn't amazing.

I see overrated.

But I'm probably wrong because so many have him going #1 overall

Maybe.

But Myles Garrett - he's the real deal. I feel it in my bones. Only thing that'll derail that guy is an injury. He's an over-achiever on the field and off of it. Have you read any of his poetry?... a defensive end that dominates football games and writes poetry. Have you found out what his play lists are for music? Not typical. Have you found out the guy spends his free time reading novels and writing essays (similar to Jabari Greer)? Have you watched some of his tape on DBD beating double-teams like no one was there?

He's the best. After him, it's debatable.

I can't hold that game against Garrett.

Texas A&M had hit the skids at that point and their defense couldn't stop anyone. Garrett was getting double teamed and I'm sure he was frustrated.

Hmmm. Saints leaking pass rusher or CB? This tells me they really want a WR or Tackle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom