Rumor....Saints Work Out P-Todd Sauerbrun.... (1 Viewer)

not to threadjack (but I'm gonna) why the hell do punters no longer punt for the corner any more? they all try o make the ball bounce at the 1 yard line and expect it to bounce straight up, which it does maybe 2% of the time. Angling for the corner seems more effective to me.

Every time I see your avatar I really want to drink whatever that is. What is it?

I have never liked him for some reason. He strikes me as being cocky.

But if he's brought here, both Weatheford and Cundiff are gone.

not to threadjack (but I'm gonna) why the hell do punters no longer punt for the corner any more? they all try o make the ball bounce at the 1 yard line and expect it to bounce straight up, which it does maybe 2% of the time. Angling for the corner seems more effective to me.

The"coffin corner", I have wondered why punters have stopped doing that too? That was once an art in the kicking profession.

Weatherford seems to be particularly bad about getting the punts to land and stay down inside the 20 yard line. If it wasn't for the Atlanta recievier catching the ball on the 8 last game it probably hadn't happened before that. Anybody else notice this?

The"coffin corner", I have wondered why punters have stopped doing that too? That was once an art in the kicking profession.

The greats like Mike Horan, Rich Camarillo, Jeff Feagles... all those guys were wonderful at the coffin corner kick.
Heck, even Tommy Barnhardt could CC the ball on occasion when he wasn't punting from the Saints' 25.

I personally feel the other way on that deal. If we have to have a third K/P, I'd prefer it to be a kicker. It's comforting to know that on the off chance Carney gets injured during a big game we won't have to send a punter out there for a game winning FG.

On the other hand, if they are looking at him to kickoff and punt, saving a roster spot. I can understand that.

remember guys, Simoneau can kick if we get in a pinch. he did it for philly before. so if carney got hurt in a "roughing the kicker" situation, and we needed someone to kick, simoneau can do it.

Higher potential for shanks, and shanked punts get you cut in todays NFL much faster then touchbacks.

there was a point in time when I would of given a draft pick up for this guy. He use to be solid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom