Rumor- "samuel Said To Be A "done Deal"" (1 Viewer)

saintsdash

All-Pro
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"There's increasing chatter in league circles that the Saints have worked out a deal with cornerback Asante Samuel."

WOW.... this would be huge, i know people gonna criticize but we'd have two of the top 15 corners i would say and i think we'd allow a touchdown a game less with another corner besides david or fred thomas.

I just saw the same thing, but the headline said done deal in Miami. What's up with that????

The league is gunna have lots of questions about tampering if we sign him at 12:01

Sounds more like speculation than tampering. There is no way this happens without a deal in the pocket for a crackerjack DT or LB. Doesn't have to be a MLB, as Shanle can survive there for a year or we can draft one.

rotoworld.com has this prediction by one of it's columnists...I wonder where this started or the prediction came after some inside info that PFT has...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=29990

1. Asante Samuel (Patriots) - Samuel was not as effective in coverage in 2007 and is considered a "system player" by some GMs. However, he is experienced in a man-coverage scheme and has elite ball skills. Samuel, who just turned 27, has 19 picks and a startling 58 pass breakups over the last three seasons. He is in search of a ten-year, $100 million contract, which he won't get from the Patriots.

Prediction: Saints - 10 years, $100 million ($24 million guaranteed)

Sounds more like speculation than tampering. There is no way this happens without a deal in the pocket for a crackerjack DT or LB. Doesn't have to be a MLB, as Shanle can survive there for a year or we can draft one.

Shanle is an OLB

Great news....but we still have a few days to go. If the Saints have a deal in principal allready...then it must be a monster deal.

rotoworld.com has this prediction by one of it's columnists...I wonder where this started or the prediction came after some inside info that PFT has...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=29990

1. Asante Samuel (Patriots) - Samuel was not as effective in coverage in 2007 and is considered a "system player" by some GMs. However, he is experienced in a man-coverage scheme and has elite ball skills. Samuel, who just turned 27, has 19 picks and a startling 58 pass breakups over the last three seasons. He is in search of a ten-year, $100 million contract, which he won't get from the Patriots.

Prediction: Saints - 10 years, $100 million ($24 million guaranteed)

I think this is where it's coming from - unless I'm wrong:ezbill:

why does it say "deal done in miami" and then say the saints????

soooo is it us or the dolphins???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom