"Rumours" we may start reading after the combine (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am posting this thread trying to show you how easy is to start rumours around the combine. Players, agents, teams and even "insiders" and web sites have different goals in order to start this rumours. It can be trying to influence one or several teams to act according to that rumour, in order for current players to get better opportunities in the free agent market. It can also be to increase or reduce the trade value of picks, or simply, it can be to add content that can generate traffic to websites.

It is really easy to start a rumour. You only need an idea, to be discussed around 2-3 people separately, and then for these 2-3 people to talk to each other. That will provide "sources" confirming that rumour.

Please, don't treat the "nuggets" I am writting below as predictions or insider information. I just have followed the draft for years, and read many stories. What I am posting here should not be considerered an accurate prediction or should not be used to confirmed what others may claim are listening from there sources.

So here we go:

From Cincinnati:

- Joe Burrow had a great talk with Coach Zac Taylor. Coach Taylor presented Burrow his offensive system as well as the plans of the team to build the team around the young quarterback. Joe is getting more comfortable being the future of the Cincinnati Bengals.

From everyone who wants Burrow, besides Cincinnati:

- We have heard from sources that the front office of the Cincinnati Bengals are getting tired about Joe Burrow's attitute and are now very interested in drafting Chase Young. The bengals are thinking that the backlash from not picking Burrow may not be as bad if they select the product of Ohio State University.

- The Miami Dolphins are looking to present several offers in order to convince the Cincinnati Bengals to trade for the rights of the first pick of the draft, and then draft Joe Burrow.

- The Washington Redskins are listening to offers for the second pick in the draft. In case the bengals decide to pick Chase Young there is a strong chance they will be willing to go down as far as #5 and get an offensive lineman they really need.

From Detroit, looking to increase the value of their pick.

- We have heard that after their interviews during the combine, the Detroit Lions are infatuated with Tua Tagovailoa and are strongly considering to take him with the 3rd pick of the draft. It is uncertain what will that mean to Matthew Sttaford.

From New York

- The Giants are listening to several offers from teams that are interested in jumping ahead of the Miami Dolphins and take Tua Tagovailoa.

From Miami:

- We are listening that the Miami Dolphins really like Tua Tagovailoa, and if he passes his physical, they may decide not to trade up and keep their picks in order to build a young, competitive team.

And of course, my favorite that comes every single year:

Several sources have confirmed that two teams picking in the bottom third of the draft are aggressively trying to go as high as possible in order to draft a quarterback. It is not clear if those teams are trying to get to the first pick of the draft to get Joe Burrow, to the top 5 picks to get Tua Togavailoa or to the top ten to take Justin Herbert. Some people are speculating that these two teams may be the New England Patriots and the New Orleans Saints, looking to go up and get the same player.

Take it with a grain of salt....

Exactly. It's all about the wording. If you say a team "might" or "may" then you're good. If what you said turns out to be true then you're a true insider. If it doesn't turn out to be true then oh well. It's a fluid situation so take it with a grain of salt.

It's amazing how easy it is to simply make things up and present them to be "inside info".

I am posting this thread trying to show you how easy is to start rumours around the combine. Players, agents, teams and even "insiders" and web sites have different goals in order to start this rumours. It can be trying to influence one or several teams to act according to that rumour, in order for current players to get better opportunities in the free agent market. It can also be to increase or reduce the trade value of picks, or simply, it can be to add content that can generate traffic to websites.

It is really easy to start a rumour. You only need an idea, to be discussed around 2-3 people separately, and then for these 2-3 people to talk to each other. That will provide "sources" confirming that rumour.

Please, don't treat the "nuggets" I am writting below as predictions or insider information. I just have followed the draft for years, and read many stories. What I am posting here should not be considerered an accurate prediction or should not be used to confirmed what others may claim are listening from there sources.

So here we go:

From Cincinnati:

- Joe Burrow had a great talk with Coach Zac Taylor. Coach Taylor presented Burrow his offensive system as well as the plans of the team to build the team around the young quarterback. Joe is getting more comfortable being the future of the Cincinnati Bengals.

- We have heard from sources that the front office of the Cincinnati Bengals are getting tired about Joe Burrow's attitute and are now very interested in drafting Chase Young. The bengals are thinking that the backlash from not picking Burrow may not be as bad if they select the product of Ohio State University.

- The Miami Dolphins are looking to present several offers in order to convince the Cincinnati Bengals to trade for the rights of the first pick of the draft, and then draft Joe Burrow.

- The Washington Redskins are listening to offers for the second pick in the draft. In case the bengals decide to pick Chase Young there is a strong chance they will be willing to go down as far as #5 and get an offensive lineman they really need.

- We have heard that after their interviews during the combine, the Detroit Lions are infatuated with Tua Tagovailoa and are strongly considering to take him with the 3rd pick of the draft. It is uncertain what will that mean to Matthew Sttaford.

From New York

- The Giants are listening to several offers from teams that are interested in jumping ahead of the Miami Dolphins and take Tua Tagovailoa.

From Miami:

- We are listening that the Miami Dolphins really like Tua Tagovailoa, and if he passes his physical, they may decide not to trade up and keep their picks in order to build a young, competitive team.

Several sources have confirmed that two teams picking in the bottom third of the draft are aggressively trying to go as high as possible in order to draft a quarterback. It is not clear if those teams are trying to get to the first pick of the draft to get Joe Burrow, to the top 5 picks to get Tua Togavailoa or to the top ten to take Justin Herbert. Some people are speculating that these two teams may be the New England Patriots and the New Orleans Saints, looking to go up and get the same player.

I feel like if the Dolphin are moving up for anything it'll be Chase Young. That defense needs a passrusher terribad to get rid of the stench of Charles Harris

I feel like if the Dolphin are moving up for anything it'll be Chase Young. That defense needs a passrusher terribad to get rid of the stench of Charles Harris
If so, who do you think the Dolphins would settle for at QB? They need to sell that city with a franchise QB. Especially with all of those picks and how they have yet to fill the Dan Marino void.

Insiders say that Joe Burrow has been working with an NFL team with a pick later in the first round to bypass the Cincinnati Bengals at #1. "Joe's a good guy, and he values his reputation, so he does not want this to become an Eli Manning sort of thing. But he also does not want to play for a Mike Brown owned team."

In consultation with the trainers of an unnamed NFL team, Burrow--who has enormous NFL-ready 14" hands--took the opposite of whatever O.J. took at his trial to make his hand too big to fit in his glove. It worked, and Burrow's hands measured a pathetic 9" at the combine. Now the Bengals are reportedly having second thoughts.

Additionally, remembering how that video of Laremy Tunsil looking like an awesome weed-smoking alien from the future caused him to tumble down the draft board, Burrow's camp is reportedly also planning to leak a video in which he describes Cincinnati chili as "OK, I guess, but it's not really chili, you know?" to further discourage the Bengals from drafting him #1 overall.

So here we go:

From Cincinnati:

From New York

From Miami:

So guillermo-are you now becoming the official lead spreader of rumors on the board-lol. I never would have guessed that with you. Just having some fun with you Nanook of the North!!!

So guillermo-are you now becoming the official lead spreader of rumors on the board-lol. I never would have guessed that with you. Just having some fun with you Nanook of the North!!!

Nah, I don't have the social influence as Pete, the "Joda of San Antonio"! ;)

Seriously, rumourology wil start in a couple of days. This is the worst part of the year regarding "insiders".

From here to draft day, I'll take anything I will read with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the latest scuttlebutt, I never venture over to ESPN and most other sites.

Without looking, I would bet my favorite pair of striped socks that the Patiots want Burrow really, really badly. I think Billichick would practically dismantle his team to get him, because his game is ahead of what Brady's was at this point, and he has the same mental toughness. (everyone who passed on me will be sorry!)

So here we go:

From Cincinnati:

From New York

From Miami:

I am pretty sure everyone knows how rumors get started.

So here we go:

From Cincinnati:

From New York

From Miami:

Can we get this posted as a super-sticky that everyone has to read before they can post a new thread anytime between Feb-Apr?

Asking for a friend (or friends, with some Alts it can be hard to tell)... ?

If so, who do you think the Dolphins would settle for at QB? They need to sell that city with a franchise QB. Especially with all of those picks and how they have yet to fill the Dan Marino void.

Well considering they brought in Chan Gailey to maximize Ryan Fitzpatrick for 1 more year I don't think they MUST take a QB first. They also have Josh Rosen too for development (could be moved though) If I had to imagine they'd probably select a Jordan Love or year 2 type of QB makes more sense for them aka someone they can nab in round 2 or trade into the back half of the 1st round to get.

Gailey suggest they are all in with Fitz for 1 more year vs counting on a rookie QB

As an astrologist-numerologist-palmologist-headbumpologist and a bunch of other ologists here is my professional opinion:

Whatever will be, will be-
Signed: Kay Serrah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom