Rumsfeld stepping down (merged) (1 Viewer)

Of course "Bakhtiar" is a lot more complicated to spell than "the" which I still have yet to master it seems... :D

O' Reilly stated the opinion that Gates is a proxy for James Baker and that Baker and Bush 41's foreign policy team are now ascendant.

This will beinteresting to see because Baker is a little more realistic about the Middle East.

The Neocons won't be very happy.

That would be very promising. Hopefully Junior is (finally) starting to see the light about how he was used as a tool by the neocons.

Maybe these last 2 years have the slightest glimmer of hope in them if he is choosing to seek counsel from people that actually know what they're doing.

That would be very promising. Hopefully Junior is (finally) starting to see the light about how he was used as a tool by the neocons.

Maybe these last 2 years have the slightest glimmer of hope in them if he is choosing to seek counsel from people that actually know what they're doing.

Let's hope...

Of course "Bakhtiar" is a lot more complicated to spell than "the" which I still have yet to master it seems... :D

Anyone doubting the resolve or the analysis of the neocons needs to study THIS, and then we redouble our efforts to free her sisters in the Middle East. Please, think of the burquas, or however you spell these ridiculous Moslem nouns.

http://espn.go.com/i/media/radio/2003/0918/photo/grainy_i.jpg

>>One of the critiques I've had of this president's foreign policy is that he's trying to fit square cold war pegs in a round post cold war world.

Couldn't we have just spent the $500,000,000,000 on some type of new energy resource that might have paid off 10 years hence?

:shrug:

TPS

The Boys Are Back in Town
Cheney and Rumsfeld are on the outs. Scowcroft, Baker and Gates are in. Can they get America out of Iraq?

Web Exclusive Commentary
By Howard Fineman
Newsweek
Updated: 5:11 p.m. ET Nov 8, 2006

Nov. 8, 2006 - President George W. Bush's Iraq policy is now in the political equivalent of receivership—a bankrupt project that is about to be placed in the hands of the worldly-wise pragmatists who surrounded the president's own father. Think of them as receivers in bankruptcy, looking for ways to salvage America's military and moral assets after a post-September 11 adventure that voters (and most of the rest of the world) concluded was a waste of blood and treasure.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15627055/site/newsweek/

ra, iRany check.:ezbill:

Do you know what his political leaning are? I guess what I really want to know is does he think we should be Team America World Police or is it more likely that he would support spending more money on Intelligence and prevention rather than all out wars?

oxymoron....

Fineman's article is what swooning looks like when committed to print. Here's a more rational analysis of reality, courtesy of Victor Davis Hanson.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MDFjODFhM2Q0MzVkYjRiMGM3NjIyOGY5YzBhYTBhMjU=

If Fineman is swooning, then I'm swooning right along with him.

I completely blame Rumsfeld for the large bulk of the problems that our troops are facing and I think a healthy dose of looking at the world as it really is (instead of the way we wish it would be) is long overdue.

I agree with the end of his article, though, where he correctly says that whether the new crew's worldview will have the Democrat leadership's full support is the X factor.

Fineman's article is what swooning looks like when committed to print. Here's a more rational analysis of reality, courtesy of Victor Davis Hanson.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MDFjODFhM2Q0MzVkYjRiMGM3NjIyOGY5YzBhYTBhMjU=

Victor Davis Hanson is a card caryying Neocon and a darling of the punditocracy of that stripe. An intellectual enabler of the war mongers.

I think it's extremely difficult to take seriously anyone who claims some sort of expertise in that region who can manage to paint a broad brush across the problems that led us to where we are, yet manage complete silence on the Arab-Israeli conflict.

That's quite an acheivement, quite an absurdity.

It's the elephant in the room. Every government in the Middle East tells you it's the key to the region. Yet it merits not even a mention from Hanson?

Tells you something about where he and his ilk are coming from.

They are either willfully silent on it or simply hacks who are woefully out of touch. Either way they have no business near the levers of policy.

Given the choices I'm happy to throw it over to Baker. Will make for some interesting months.

Right now I guarantee you that the phone lines at AIPAC, JINSA, the National Review and the Weekly Standard are sizzling with strategy discussions with regard to how best undermine Baker and any move towards an accomadation with reality.

Baker and Gates are a threat to "World War IV."

Last edited:
Victor Davis Hanson is a card caryying Neocon and a darling of the punditocracy of that stripe. An intellectual enabler of the war mongers.

I think it's extremely difficult to take seriously anyone who claims some sort of expertise in that region who can manage to paint a broad brush across the problems that led us to where we are, yet manage complete silence on the Arab-Israeli conflict.

That's quite an acheivement, quite an absurdity.

It's the elephant in the room. Every government in the Middle East tells you it's the key to the region. Yet it merits not even a mention from Hanson?

Tells you something about where he and his ilk are coming from.

They are either willfully silent on it or simply hacks who are woefully out of touch. Either way they have no business near the levers of policy.

Given the choices I'm happy to throw it over to Baker. Will make for some interesting months.

Right now I guarantee you that the phone lines at AIPAC, JINSA, the National Review and the Weekly Standard are sizzling with strategy discussions with regard to how best undermine Baker and any move towards an accomadation with reality.

Baker and Gates are a threat to "World War IV."

This is an excellent rebuttal to VDH's premise. He is the intellectual water carrier for the group which has embarked on this (ad)venture.

In his defense, the carrots and negotiation tact had not earned us goodwill in the region. Coupled with the subsidized radical element there, a different approach gained credence after 9/11. Bush certainly agreed.

Realpolitik dictates Iran and Iraq stay intact as counterweights. If this war leads ultimately to Iranian regional dominance, then this mission is a certain failure. I don't know how long the window exists to claim victory or defeat, as it keeps getting pushed into the future. This was supposed to be a quick war; mission accomplished. Perhaps a Sunni obliteration is part of the solution, much as mass liquidations occurred after WWII. At some point we must become disengaged from the carnage.

It's not very often I get a chance to correct Jim (Sooner or tehe travelling one), so I gotta take my shots when I can.

It's Bakhtiar. ;) We can only hope there is one of her behind every burka... :) (yeesssss.....)

/score
...Funny, I was wondering whatever happened to Rudi Bakhtiar since I hadn't seen her in forever- then I Googled her and found out she's on Fox News now.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom