RUN-OFF*****Official Mock Draft First Round Poll (Saints #21)*****RUN-OFF (1 Viewer)

Moore or Patterson?

• Total voters
Not crazy about either at #21, but Patterson has a much bigger upside IMHO. If he can learn to actually play WR (read that "learn to run routes and catch the ball consistently), he will be a superstar with his speed and instincts. I'd rather take a chance on that happening than on Moore, who I don't think will ever be anything but another Sedrick Ellis at best (serviceable, but nothing special).

I really like giving Drew a weapon like this. Patterson comes in day 1 and contributes.

Moore. Receiver depth is there in this draft. Too many holes to address on the defensive side of the ball. Moore was a MONSTER rushing the pass rusher. I know there are some maturity issues that would have to be addressed, but for a kid that before the combine was talked about as being selected 2nd overall, I think the value is there to select a pass rusher that we really need.

I am not thrilled about either player at #21, but if it is between the two IMO Patterson has much higher upside and can be projected as a possible star in the NFL. In those instances it is very true you go 'best player available' and I suspect Patterson has a significantly higher rating by the Saints.

I went with Patterson. He's a bit raw, but his ceiling is incredibly high. He'll fit into this offense nicely. Drew has not had an explosive wide receiver who can attack the ball and be an elusive home run threat after the catch, and Patterson fits that mold to a tee. While he's not as polished with his route running, I feel like that can be taught. He's an elite physical specimen with great instincts with the football in his hands. He'll bring a new dynamic to this offense that we have yet to see out of a wide receiver.

Moore is a good player, but I think the upside with Patterson at 21 makes more sense.

Patterson is a huge project and it would take him a while to get on the field. Not sure he's a good pick for a team in win-now mode. Moore is pretty close to his ceiling and is nothing special of an athlete, definitely not a primary rusher or a guy who commands extra attention. The Saints lose with both of these picks.

Didn't someone want to move up to our spot? This is a forced pick.

Patterson is a huge project and it would take him a while to get on the field. Not sure he's a good pick for a team in win-now mode. Moore is pretty close to his ceiling and is nothing special of an athlete, definitely not a primary rusher or a guy who commands extra attention. The Saints lose with both of these picks.

Didn't someone want to move up to our spot? This is a forced pick.

I agree Moore probably doesn't have too much more room to grow, although when you hit the next level with the best coaching in the world you improve in some areas...we cannot afford to miss on our first rounder this year...much less on an OFFENSIVE first rounder. Defense is crying for help, we have to provide!

Would have rather seen Jamie Collins on the oringinal poll.

From what I've been reading Collins is starting to slip a bit. His physical tools aren't quite up to par with the other top notch pass rushers. He's still a great athlete but very raw. I even saw someone say "he barely looks like a football player"...idk how that gets brought up but either way Collins doesn't belong in the first round.

Went with Patterson. I'd rather have taken this Richardson guy people keep on about back at #15 rather than trade down just to trade down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom