Run the ball and stop the run. (1 Viewer)

Speck Killer

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Right now the Saints rank 20th in rushing offense with 95 yards per game and 23 in rush defense. We must run the ball better and stop the run if we are to make any noise here at the end of the season. The Falcons have the number 1 ranked rushing offense so this will be a test. Stop the run and force Vick to throw. Get back to the Deuce so he can punish there defense. This is late November folks and the cream will start to rise to the top. We must be able to rely on our run game if we plan on making it to the playoffs. NFL football is simple, you run the ball and stop the run and you win

Did anyone else get reminded of Mora's diddly poo speech when they read this title?

We couldn't run the ball, we couldn't stop the run. We couldn't pass, we couldn't stop the pass. We sucked. We couldn't do diddly poo.

Of course I probably messed the quote up pretty bad.

I agree that if we can get Deuce more carries and take a lot of time off the board, while scoring, it will wear down the Falcons defense. If Deuce is effective between the tackles, with Reggie getting some edge yards, it sure would open up the passing game even more for some huge gains. I believe Coach Payton just may come out different this week and try to establish the run first.

Payton discussed how he had been getting away from pounding the ball with Deuce; I do not think Deuce getting his yards and wearing down the Falcons will be the problem.

My concern is stopping Dunn up the gut and Vick around the edge. We are going to miss Harper this game...

Payton discussed how he had been getting away from pounding the ball with Deuce; I do not think Deuce getting his yards and wearing down the Falcons will be the problem.

My concern is stopping Dunn up the gut and Vick around the edge. We are going to miss Harper this game...

Normally, I'm all for pounding the ball and taking alot of time off the clock, but against the Falcons I want us to get up early and very quickly to force them into abandoning the run. That's how you beat the Falcons. If we try to pound the ball and can't, then all of the sudden we could be down 2 scores. We need to get into the endzone first today!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom