RUN. THE. BALL. (1 Viewer)

Yeah they were missing lineman but you do realize that’s detrimental to the Vikings pass defense as well. Meaning they would have been able to pressure Brees much more if healthy yet we still turned the ball over through the air so in conclusion the running game looked better than the passing game did against an injured front 7.

It's important for our QB transition as well. Whoever takes over from Brees is going to need a solid run game to help them get comfortable and keep the safeties honest.

Seriously, have the Saints lost in the Payton/Brees era when running ball more than 35 times, it’s a recipe for success? Why is Sean Payton so stubborn to this formula?? The second we are not leading he reverts to passing. It can be very frustrating as a fan to watch.

Seriously, have the Saints lost in the Payton/Brees era when running ball more than 35 times, it’s a recipe for success? Why is Sean Payton so stubborn to this formula?? The second we are not leading he reverts to passing. It can be very frustrating as a fan to watch.
That's the 64000 dollar question. I think that Coach is too much the Mad Scientist most of the time.

It's not just because we get behind. It's that we immediately go into a two score deficit usually in the first qtr. Seems like every game start out looking like a disaster. Then we spend the rest of the game trying to catch up.

We do the same thing to begin every season. It's been such a successful formula I almost hate to see us score too many points in the first half because we seem to see one of two things, we take a substantial lead then sweat out a defensive collapse, or get behind and make a desperate comeback.

RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL

Could not agree more!!!!!!!!

AK is AK and I really like LAT a LOT...the guy is a baller and has been nothing but solid for us!!!

But, we do need to calm down... we were playing the majorly depleted Vikings D

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate SP, I love his willingness to take chances and his aggressive nature but that doesn't make him immune to legitimate criticism. And I think there is some legitimacy to the pass happy type....

The strength of this offensive is the ability of the offensive line to run block and 2 efficient, effective backs. If we can run the ball consistently we will set up play action like we saw last night, a number of guys were wide open. Contrast that with the KC game where they were not fearful of play action because we went away from the run, against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, pass heavy with a QB that hadn't play in 5 weeks, sorry, that loss is on SP....

You have a right to disagree of course....
I hear ya. He does frustrate me some time also. And I do understand this is an opinion board. All that being said I love SP and understand that he and the coaches through DB spend countless hours preparing the game plan and for ME I’ll sit back and accept that they are the pros.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom