Run The Ball? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It seems to me like we have become unbalanced offensively. INTs are INTs but when you put the ball up 50 times a game what do you think is going to happen? I really wish they would run #26 more with the deep toss plays, he seems to explode on these pitch back type plays but I hardly ever see it. Maybe if they cut back on the 10 or 15 swing passes to Reggie every game the balance would return.
I am at work on thanksgiving and I am thankful for 6 wins. we need to give the ball to #26 26 times to win the Falcons game. Reggie needs to really learn how to run the ball in the NFL, all the stutter stepping and shoulder jukes do is give the defenders time to get to the ball. He has been turning it back up inside a little better but theres a ways to go.
Im also Thankful for #12 not being lost for the saeson. The look on his face was "im done for the year" and when they wheeled out the cart I almost cried. I hate the Falcons and I hope we put em away, and I gotta believe that Carolina game at the end of the year will be for the division title. GO SAINTS

They've put the ball up a lot because we have either gotten too far behind or the other team has stopped the run and an adjustment had to be made.

I agree with the part about needing to run the ball more . When I see teams like the Chiefs able to grind away the clock with an effective ground attack , it reminds me of how we used to get it done on the ground . I do miss those days ..... big time ! Our defense has finally been exposed for what it is , below average is being nice . They need help , and the best help for a struggling defense is a smash mouth running game to keep that clock moving to shorten the game . Three things happen when you throw the ball , and two of them are bad .

Come on coach , lets get back to the basics . Regain a balance on offense and we will get back on the win column . Yes , the passing game seems to be so effective at times the thought of running it slips the coachs mind . We have not one but two of the better backs in the league that have been down graded to blockers and safety valves for Brees in our one dementional offense .

Its as simple as this ....... you throw the ball 40 + times in the game you lose most of the time . You run the ball 30 - 40 times in a game , 99.9% of those games you win !

God Bless

I'm putting an alert out on this thread for making too much sense.

Guys, the answer is obvious - we NEED to throw the ball more because, well,

*thinks of which sorry excuse to post in this thread*

We need to rest Deuce and let Copper and Henderson play a bigger role in our offense! And we need to get the offense off the field as quickly as possible because the defense is going to allow points anyway! And Sean Payton is a quarterback's coach! And the passing game works like a running game, only differently! And Drew Brees just threw for 510 yards and if we let him throw the ball 55 times a game, he's a lock to break passing records! And besides, I'm happy Drew Brees broke the old record held by Aaron Brooks, simply because it was Aaron Brooks!

/sarcasm

i dont have many complaints about this team like i have the previous. but one glaring problem i see is we are not giving it to deuce as much as i think we should.
if we get 1st and goal again and i see bush on the first 2 plays im going to go nuts. nothing againts bush. but he is not the bruising back as mcallister is. we have all seen countless of times deuce carry 2 3 guys for an extra 5 yards. we have not giving him a chance to get tuned up. i hope he gets like 20-25 carries.
lets use deuce and bush like we thought they were going to use them...please

Do we need more proof of how important a run game is, in general?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061123_MIA@DET

Detroit took an early 10-0 lead, and had called 9 passes vs. 3 runs. Fair enough.

From that 10-0 lead til the end of the game, they called 36 passes, and 7 runs. Now I understand that we are much better than the Lions, and Kevin Jones was out for them, but turnovers didn't even plague the Lions (they broke even). Miami was able to get five more sacks and keep Kitna to barely above 50 percent passing -- why? Because $50 says that the Dolphins' D-Coord. knew that the Lions would not commit to the run game despite their lead, and put his defense in the best position to help the offense.

BTTT because this is the most important observation of why we have lost 2 in a row. Unless we get back to running the Deuce, we will continue to struggle. 3 things can happen when passing and two of them are bad. We have to control the clock and keep our defense off the field. The NFL is simple. You must be able to run the ball and stop the run. The teams who do this will be in the playoffs. The shoe is on the other foot this week because now we are the team that is in a must win. The Falcons are to but this is our first real must win of the season. We might as well just say the playoffs start this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom