Running back Dwayne Washington growing comfortable as a New Orleans Saint (1 Viewer)

• Admin

John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dwayne Washington has his money on Dwayne Washington.

Whatever the odds may be, stacked against or stacked in favor, the New Orleans Saints running back is of the mind that he’ll make his own fortune. So 10 days and eight practices into his first training camp with the Saints, with one back (Alvin Kamara) solidly entrenched and another (Latavius Murray) a notable free agent signee, Washington still feels he can create his niche with the back-to-back NFC South Division champs.

“I’m going to always bet on myself,” said Washington, who’s entering his fourth NFL season. He spent his first two seasons with the Lions, was released by them after training camp last year, and joined the Saints a day later before being promoted to the active roster and playing in 13 games.

“But at the end of the day, I’ve just got to keep on working,” he said Saturday, Aug. 3. “Coaches say this and say that, but at the end of the day, I’ve just got to keep on working and keep my head in the books, give them something to talk about every day.”

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom