Running backs galore (1 Viewer)

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The time to move one is now. I think ivory or Thomas has to be the one to go. Ingram showed promise last year (along with an invested first and second rounder), sproles is sproles, and whoever we keep would serve as the rotational player with Ingram. I'd love to see someone sign ivory away for a 2nd rounder. That would be ideal. But I think dealing Thomas is the more realistic route. I understand Thomas' value, but I think he is under-utilized for his pay. Thoughts?

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
If Payton still likes Beanie Wells, he's available:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Cardinals">#Cardinals</a> release RB Beanie Wells, per @<a href="https://twitter.com/cardschatter">cardschatter</a> (and @<a href="https://twitter.com/beaniewells26">beaniewells26</a>).</p>&mdash; Pro Football Weekly (@ProFootballWkly) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballWkly/status/311205502556200960">March 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:ezbill:

OP

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
You trade your most tradable asset in the backfield after sproles. When you can come up with a reason for having all 4 on the roster and one being inactive damn near every game when he could be dealt for a pick to improve our new defense, let me know.

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The guy never seemed to get a fair shot to be the featured RB and if he were, he would have been an all time great Saints RB. Solid runner, great hands, excellent vision and has good quickness. He still has millage on those legs.

Bala Lowkz

Who Dat Supporter.!!
Reaction score
What's up with all these random threads about the same subjects? If you dont have nothing new to talk about stay away from the thread button.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The guy never seemed to get a fair shot to be the featured RB and if he were, he would have been an all time great Saints RB. Solid runner, great hands, excellent vision and has good quickness. He still has millage on those legs.
Who? PT? Agreed.

OP

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Will someone tell me why people would want to trade our best rb? Hell out of the 4 thomas would probably be the last rb i'd trade
Then why would you send off a running back who's going into only his 3rd year that we invested two high draft picks on but only touches the ball 10-15 times a game? Give him the touches that trading one of the other backs would open up and you'd have a 1000 yd rusher.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You trade your most tradable asset in the backfield after sproles. When you can come up with a reason for having all 4 on the roster and one being inactive damn near every game when he could be dealt for a pick to improve our new defense, let me know.
so PT goes....who replaces his production?

OP

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I agree on all points. But that's why you move him for value while you can. I just can't justify having all those running backs and all don't get the touches they need you know?

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I agree on all points. But that's why you move him for value while you can. I just can't justify having all those running backs and all don't get the touches they need you know?
i understand the backfield is crowded, but i honestly would trade sproles before PT.

Sproles might be a dynamic receiver out the the backfield but PT is too (albeit not as dynamic) and can run the ball. PT is also 1 year and change younger.

OP

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
so PT goes....who replaces his production?
Ingram and ivory get the carries (PT didn't get many last season, mostly screen plays and few runs here and there) and sproles continues his role. I firmly believe that if given enough carries to get into a rhythm that Ingram would be productive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom