Running backs (1 Viewer)

3.9 yards per carry is solid but I wouldn't call it "lighting it up"

He got much of that yardage by running through people. He will be even better this year. He's a big, strong back, and you can see his confidence growing.

If Payton keeps Tomylee, I think Murphy is in jeopardy.

I would like to keep all the RB's, but it won't happen.

Hightower is our only true battering ram, so I don't see him getting cut unless he's lost something.

Nah. John Kuhn is going to get a lot of handoffs at the goalline, I promise you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gcY9SHHdMyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nah. John Kuhn is going to get a lot of handoffs at the goalline, I promise you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gcY9SHHdMyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And don't forget Hoomananui can play Hback put him blocking in front of Kuhn and tthere's a goal line short yardage backfield that will be hard to stop.

He got much of that yardage by running through people. He will be even better this year. He's a big, strong back, and you can see his confidence growing.

If Payton keeps Tomylee, I think Murphy is in jeopardy.

I would like to keep all the RB's, but it won't happen.

Hightower is 30 and offers very little receivibg and nothing on special teams plus the way Lasco was running between the tackles last week Hightower is looking less safe.

Hightower is 30 and offers very little receivibg and nothing on special teams plus the way Lasco was running between the tackles last week Hightower is looking less safe.

True, though Hightower can block and catch in the passing game. And he's a young 30, not having played a lot for his age.

Lasco seems to be a younger version of Hightower, so could make him redundant.

I think Hightower will be Payton's hardest cut among the RB's, but he will if he thinks Spiller's health is stable and Lasco can run as big as Hightower.

Ingram, Spiller, Murphy, Lasco

The only one I'm ambivalent about is Murphy. He's already muffed a punt in one preseason game this season. I'm sure most of u remember Payton calling him out last season "if he can't catch those punts we'll go find someone who can" yea I know he took it like 50 yards after dropping it but it's gotta be bittersweet for Payton.

Ingram, Spiller, Murphy, Lasco

The only one I'm ambivalent about is Murphy. He's already muffed a punt in one preseason game this season. I'm sure most of u remember Payton calling him out last season "if he can't catch those punts we'll go find someone who can" yea I know he took it like 50 yards after dropping it but it's gotta be bittersweet for Payton.

Plus hasn't he been credited with a fumble during camp? Tommy Lee Lewis could take the punt return job and that would make it a lot tougher on Murphy.

Plus hasn't he been credited with a fumble during camp? Tommy Lee Lewis could take the punt return job and that would make it a lot tougher on Murphy.

If that ends up being the case, swap Murphy and Hightower and I think we have a damn good backfield

I think Tommylee has made this team, and Payton will not have much choice but to use him on ST for a while. That will probably put Murphy in jeopardy.

If our previous years are any indication...

Anyone see a player on the Patriots they liked? Because we could well give 'em Murphy for another offensive lineman or something.

If our previous years are any indication...

Anyone see a player on the Patriots they liked? Because we could well give 'em Murphy for another offensive lineman or something.

Agreed. The Pats gave up Hooman, who they signed after being cut by the Rams, for Hicks, who was a second round pick originally. Surely there's another contributor disguised as a camp body on their team as well.

Ingram
Spiller
Cadet
Murphy

Hightower and Lasco are odd men out.

I believe Ingram and Spiller are safe without much explanation.

Cadet is the satellite back this offense and Drew Brees needs to keep the offense on the field. Once we resigned Cadet and got him involved in the passing attack, the offense definitely felt like it was sustaining lengthier drives. This offense has always excelled whenever a true receiving back is used as a joker.

Murphy brings value as a return man and special teamer. I understand Lasco brings vwlue as a special teamer, but not a return man. This would leave Ingram and Spiller as our two main work houses with Cadet as the satellite back. Murphy would be the fill in for Spiller/Cadet role along with special teams. God forbid, something happen to Ingram, I believe this is where we'll bring back Hightower or promote Lasco from the practice squad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom