Running backs (1 Viewer)

Ingram
Spiller
Cadet
Murphy
Lasco

A little odd this year as Murphy and Lasco are both special teams anchors who can swing into the backfield as needed. Hightower has value but at 30 he is a casualty of retaining young talent. Saints would love to keep him on speed dial in case of injury if no one picks him up. With Kuhn at FB, Saints can use him for short yardage and goal line situations that Hightower might have handled. I think Saints will like the versatility of the other backs in the passing game and all have potential to be good for 10-12 carries a game. Injury may also help sort this out.

Ingram
Spiller
Cadet
Murphy

Hightower and Lasco are odd men out.

I believe Ingram and Spiller are safe without much explanation.

Cadet is the satellite back this offense and Drew Brees needs to keep the offense on the field. Once we resigned Cadet and got him involved in the passing attack, the offense definitely felt like it was sustaining lengthier drives. This offense has always excelled whenever a true receiving back is used as a joker.

Murphy brings value as a return man and special teamer. I understand Lasco brings vwlue as a special teamer, but not a return man. This would leave Ingram and Spiller as our two main work houses with Cadet as the satellite back. Murphy would be the fill in for Spiller/Cadet role along with special teams. God forbid, something happen to Ingram, I believe this is where we'll bring back Hightower or promote Lasco from the practice squad.

This better not happen. Lasco needs to make the final 53 unless he starts fumbling or something crazy. He seems to be a beast at literally everything. The only thing he doesn't do is return kicks/punts. Tommylee can handle that.

I will be ****** if Lasco isn't on the roster week 1.

Agreed, it's hard to believe Lasco won't be on the team. I could see doing the typical IR stash with him, but he brings a lot to the table as a pure running back - I think he's closer to taking Hightower's spot than he is to squeaking in at the bottom of the depth chart.

Agreed, it's hard to believe Lasco won't be on the team. I could see doing the typical IR stash with him, but he brings a lot to the table as a pure running back - I think he's closer to taking Hightower's spot than he is to squeaking in at the bottom of the depth chart.

Man I hope he tears it up in these next 3 games.

Ingram
Spiller
Cadet
Murphy

Hightower and Lasco are odd men out.

I believe Ingram and Spiller are safe without much explanation.

Cadet is the satellite back this offense and Drew Brees needs to keep the offense on the field. Once we resigned Cadet and got him involved in the passing attack, the offense definitely felt like it was sustaining lengthier drives. This offense has always excelled whenever a true receiving back is used as a joker.

Murphy brings value as a return man and special teamer. I understand Lasco brings vwlue as a special teamer, but not a return man. This would leave Ingram and Spiller as our two main work houses with Cadet as the satellite back. Murphy would be the fill in for Spiller/Cadet role along with special teams. God forbid, something happen to Ingram, I believe this is where we'll bring back Hightower or promote Lasco from the practice squad.

Lasco returned kicks in college until he became the starting RB and was also am exceptional gunner and Lasco offer more value on the offense. In years past we have almost always had a combo of 6 backs 5RB/1FB or 4/2 if that holds true only 1 guy is out. Hightower might be out but no way Lasco is out.

Lasco returned kicks in college until he became the starting RB and was also am exceptional gunner and Lasco offer more value on the offense. In years past we have almost always had a combo of 6 backs 5RB/1FB or 4/2 if that holds true only 1 guy is out. Hightower might be out but no way Lasco is out.

Lasco runs like a power back but also has the talent and skills to play that "satellite" role. We've never had a RB that can do everything he can. Except for a young Deuce maybe.

Agreed. The Pats gave up Hooman, who they signed after being cut by the Rams, for Hicks, who was a second round pick originally. Surely there's another contributor disguised as a camp body on their team as well.

Hoomananui was the first pick in the 5th round pick and Hicks was a 3rd pick neither was a 2nd

Mark my words. Daniel Lasco will be the best running back of the Sean Payton era when it's all said and done.

And watching him run he looks like a slightly smaller Duece.

I see the same thing. Here's how their combine measurements stack up

Deuce: 6'1 222
Lasco: 6'0 209

I think I heard Lasco is already around 215. So he's right there.

Here's another fun fact

Kevin Cole recently ran a regression tree analysis to find out what combine measurements truly mattered for RB prospects. Daniel Lasco happened to end up in the best possible cohort. RBs like Lasco who ran a sub-4.50 forty yard dash, are taller than 5-feet-10-inches, and have a broad jump of more than 124 inches are projected to have a whopping 78 percent chance of having a top 12 RB season within their first three years in the league.

I hate the idea of retaining a short yardage runner like Hightower and letting any of the 3 actual playmakers walk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom