running backs (1 Viewer)

Boudie123456

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i know its still early into training camp, but i've heard nothing about Abram Smith. any news on how he's doing?. really hoping he make the 53 man roster

I think it's pretty much
1. Kamara
2. Ingram
3. Ozigbo
4. Jones/Smith

Washington likely still has a spot due to special teams value. My best guess is he's more in competition with the young guys trying for a special teams job than he is the running backs.

Kamara and Ingram are no brainers.
Seen a couple things on the internet saying that Ozigbo is having a good early camp.
Jones Jr. is the incumbent, but is having an up and down camp so far.
Few reports I've seen on Smith is that he's behind the other RBs, but that's sort of expected as rookies are usually behind vets early in camp.

My early take is that Ozigbo wins the #3 job and actually gets some snaps during the season.

I think it's pretty much
1. Kamara
2. Ingram
3. Ozigbo
4. Jones/Smith

Washington likely still has a spot due to special teams value. My best guess is he's more in competition with the young guys trying for a special teams job than he is the running backs.

Kamara and Ingram are no brainers.
Seen a couple things on the internet saying that Ozigbo is having a good early camp.
Jones Jr. is the incumbent, but is having an up and down camp so far.
Few reports I've seen on Smith is that he's behind the other RBs, but that's sort of expected as rookies are usually behind vets early in camp.

My early take is that Ozigbo wins the #3 job and actually gets some snaps during the season.
Agreed!

The Saints signed him as a UDFA back in 2019, n I think they really liked him to make their PS. But he got picked up by JAX on final cut day.

I call him a “tweener. He’s about 5’11, 225 lbs, n runs about a 4.6. Not a power back, but can run between the tackles with power. Not a “scat back”, but for his size, he’s got nice quickness n vision, n can bounce outside. But IMO, the most underrated aspect of his game is his ball skills. He’s got really nice hands, n looks very comfortable as a receiver!

Here’s some of his college highlights:

Definitely a player on my radar this TC!

Hearing positive buzz with Smith.
I dunno how many RBs we’ll have on the 53 this year, but for now Ima say 4. AK n MI are easily our 2 best. But AK still has a possible suspension looming, and MI ain’t gettin no younger. So as “insurance”, I think we need to have a 3rd RB in the rotation early in da season n give him quality snaps! ( On a related side note: from everything I’ve seen n heard, MI has been lookin good at camp so far! From wat I saw of him, he looks in great shape, in fact I think he’s even slimmed down a lil! 👍🏾😍)

Even before TC started, I felt Ozigbo > TJJ, and Smith > Washington.

According to podcaster Ross Jackson, Ozigbo has been lookin really good in TC so far. Not so much for TJJ who’s already had a few drops!

Jackson also note noted that as a runner, Smith looks quicker/smoother than both TJJ n Washington! It may take a lil more time for Smith to learn n develop as a RB. But seems the talent/potential/ upside is there. Meanwhile, as a former LB, IMO, Smith has the athleticism/ability to excel on STs! So I think wit his youth, upside at RB n his STs play, he COULD unseat Washington as the #4 RB.

But we’ll see

3.8 & 1 td in 2021:unsure:
36F296DB-055C-4815-8872-71206F1D652A.png

Could say the same about Ozigbo lol. The guy has had 2 carries in the last 3 years.

So if we are basing it off stats, then yes I’d rather Malcolm Brown. Not saying he’s a world beater, but he’s more proven than Ozigbo.

36F296DB-055C-4815-8872-71206F1D652A.png

Could say the same about Ozigbo lol. The guy has had 2 carries in the last 3 years.

So if we are basing it off stats, then yes I’d rather Malcolm Brown. Not saying he’s a world beater, but he’s more proven than Ozigbo.
More miles too….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom