Running Errands Solo (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Something similar has happened to me before.

Not tears or anything but definitely some emotions

My point of view: You said you needed X - I stopped at the store and got X, what's the problem?

The problem isn't really articulated but there absolutely is one
=========================================

There are few things better than a solo trip to Target. But thanks to the pandemic, those glorious child-free (and stress-free) outings are few and far between these days. Paige Saffold sure has missed them, which is why she recently melted into a puddle of emotions after learning that her husband committed the ultimate betrayal: He went to Target without her!

The Texas mom and digital creator recently shared a clip of her breakdown on social media, where it quickly went viral as moms everywhere related hard to her reaction.

In her caption, she explains that she hadn't been to Target in over a month (which is pretty major, if you're a fellow Target addict). So when her husband Mark suddenly came home that morning and casually mentioned he'd just "popped" into the store for a quick item, she needed a moment to process what he was saying.

Right away, Mark could see that she wasn't exactly "processing" things well

"I'm sorry, are you upset that I went to Target without you?" he asks her in the clip, as Paige alternates between laughter and genuine tears.

"Uh ... a little," she admits, while trying (unsuccessfully) to hold back her emotions.

"Only in the sense that like ... you didn't even ask me if I wanted to go with you!" she exclaims.

"Okay, okay ... " she says, before asking her husband one key question: "How long were you there?"

(LOL! Honestly, I'd want to know the same thing — including whether or not he hit up the new Dollar Spot display.)...........

Even before covid, i believed that stores like Target, Wal-Mart, or grocery stores should have a 1 person per family limit.

There isn't any reason a couple should be in there shopping together taking up space.

Even before covid, i believed that stores like Target, Wal-Mart, or grocery stores should have a 1 person per family limit.

There isn't any reason a couple should be in there shopping together taking up space.
i'm such a tightwad/compare prices/look up ratings for products shopped that my wife considers it a particular hell to couple shop
she'll allow me to Costco if i don't try to team shop other stores

Something similar has happened to me before.

Not tears or anything but definitely some emotions

My point of view: You said you needed X - I stopped at the store and got X, what's the problem?

The problem isn't really articulated but there absolutely is one
=========================================

There are few things better than a solo trip to Target. But thanks to the pandemic, those glorious child-free (and stress-free) outings are few and far between these days. Paige Saffold sure has missed them, which is why she recently melted into a puddle of emotions after learning that her husband committed the ultimate betrayal: He went to Target without her!

The Texas mom and digital creator recently shared a clip of her breakdown on social media, where it quickly went viral as moms everywhere related hard to her reaction.

In her caption, she explains that she hadn't been to Target in over a month (which is pretty major, if you're a fellow Target addict). So when her husband Mark suddenly came home that morning and casually mentioned he'd just "popped" into the store for a quick item, she needed a moment to process what he was saying.

Right away, Mark could see that she wasn't exactly "processing" things well

"I'm sorry, are you upset that I went to Target without you?" he asks her in the clip, as Paige alternates between laughter and genuine tears.

"Uh ... a little," she admits, while trying (unsuccessfully) to hold back her emotions.

"Only in the sense that like ... you didn't even ask me if I wanted to go with you!" she exclaims.

"Okay, okay ... " she says, before asking her husband one key question: "How long were you there?"

(LOL! Honestly, I'd want to know the same thing — including whether or not he hit up the new Dollar Spot display.)...........

there is waaay more to that than just him rolling off to Target alone that we are not fully accessing from that short video.

Someone needs to step back and reassess their life.

my wife and i are coming up on 20 years of marriage. 24 together.

Very early on, she had a good friend whose husband DID EVERYTHING with his wife. From a simple run to convenience store to grocery to running errands on weekends/weeknights. There was NO SPACE between them 24/7. Initially, my wife was like " how come you dont do that" i told her i didnt think that was "healthy" as we all need our bit of "space" to just daydream or get away from whatever. Well, as you can imagine, she took that TOTALLY wrong way. Took days for me to work back out the dog house.

today? ask her if she wants me to go with her to Target/Sams. ( or she with me ) LOLOL. only took her 20 years to fully understand what "space" meant ( to her credit she understood probably 15 years ago - so 5 years to get it )

I think there is a bit more, psychologically, in that video at play.

Oh and that couple we know....yeah they aint together for over 10 years. Smothered.

I guess I'm just "old", but I will never understand people's obsession/motivation/need to post aspects of their private lives into the public domain. I don't think it's ridiculous that she had that reaction, I think it's ridiculous it was posted. But I'm "old".

I think there is a bit more, psychologically, in that video at play.

Oh and that couple we know....yeah they aint together for over 10 years. Smothered.
Yeah, it's all played off as, Ha, ha, isn't this funny, but she is legit emotionally bothered. That dude's not gonna keep finding it funny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom