Running Game Woes and the Answer (2 Viewers)

One of the main problems I see with the running game is that on 14 of our runs yesterday, there were defenders in the backfield almost immediately. Our line must be credited for it's outstanding pass blocking this year but also need to be called out on it's, at best, mediocre run blocking since week 3. The blame for our running woes encompass the line and the backs, but right now I see the line as more of an issue.

Deuce is going forward (like most of us want) unlike Bush but rarely has a lane and gets his 3 yards or so. Bush was forced outside on 6 plays yesterday due to the D being in his face as soon as he got the handoff. I think Bush's issue is that he desperately wants to make something happen and if bouncing it outside avoids the initial DT in the backfield, that's what he does.

Overall, I'm not too worried about it as I'm sure we'll get back to where we were the first 3 weeks or so with Bush getting around 65-70 yds and Deuce doing his thing once we get a little more healthy.

it's funny how everyone says we need to be more like we were offensively in 06 but
here in this thread from 06 we are complaining about the same thing we are complaining about now

I disagree somewhat. The issue is not about whether or not Reggie can move the ball, but more about can he stay on the field for 16 games. Reggie can move the ball, period, if he's healthy.

I disagree somewhat. The issue is not about whether or not Reggie can move the ball, but more about can he stay on the field for 16 games. Reggie can move the ball, period, if he's healthy.

Correct!

Reggie and the O line had it figured out last year, and were looking better each game. Then Reggie got hurt, and it was over.

Did we get a new O-line coach since last year? And if so, what was his track record with the run?

I forgot I even wrote this in 06 Nice!!! God I called Payton Brilliant!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom