Running into the kicker (1 Viewer)

Akers deserves an Oscar.

3dIrFx3.gif

this. you have to let the kicker come down

He did come down. He just came down to a fall. Dude slid under him and if you slow it down to frame by frame Akers was never touched. It was a horrible call.

If the Raven guy was under Akers it would've been a good call, but Akers clearly lands in front of him and just falls like [:nono: - mod edit]. 49ers should've never even been in a position to throw that fade to go ahead. Not really sure what they're complaining about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Total flop. Thanks to gboudx for the gif that clearly shows he wasn't touched until HE fell on the Ravens player. It looks like he would have hit him, but it would have been negligible if Akers came down correctly instead of flopping like an Italian soccer player.

Bad call created by a heads up flop by the kicker. Hard to call correctly in real time because the kicker fell on top of the blocker as though he was hit and it was close enough to be difficult to catch.

I believe it was BS, but I also understand the speed of the game makes it hard to NOT call a good flop. IMHO, sucks, but heads up play by the kicker.

Bad call created by a heads up flop by the kicker. Hard to call correctly in real time because the kicker fell on top of the blocker as though he was hit and it was close enough to be difficult to catch.

I believe it was BS, but I also understand the speed of the game makes it hard to NOT call a good flop. IMHO, sucks, but heads up play by the kicker.

looks ugly but 100% the right call. The kicker has one leg up, and the other planted with a guy coming under him at the plant foot. hes trained to flop there to prevent getting hit in the knee or ankle, or land more awkwardly.

He HAD to lift the plant foot up to avoid getting it trashed. Reasonable. The call was the right one no matter what team you are in favor of.

Kris

There's no running into the kicker if the kicker isn't touched. That was a flop and a bad call. Smart move by Akers though.

There's no running into the kicker if the kicker isn't touched. That was a flop and a bad call. Smart move by Akers though.

just because the common short hand name for the rule implies that, doesnt mean its true.

i dont even think akers was faking as much as protecting his VERY exposed plant leg in that situation. he gets caught in the knee or ankle in that spot and hes done. kickers should 100% of the time do exactly what he did in that situation for their own safety.

if he doesnt hop, and flop softly we mightve been talking about a real injury when the raven rolled through his plant foot.

I think for myself, it's a penalty, but I think why it's debatable is because I've seen plenty of times this happens and it's not called.

Dont really get the arguement here. Rulebook clearly says you have to let the kicker finish his kick, doesn't matter if Akers fell or flopped before he got touched, its a penalty just for the Baltimore player being there underneath him when he lands. Just because those are the facts doesn't mean I think it is a stupid rule too. 100% right call.

Am I the only one who thinks this call was BS?
It doesn't seem he even touched the kicker, much less run into him.
Looks as if he slid underneath him and the kicker just fell on top of him..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I thought the same thing. I didn't like the call. The begging for a PF from SF was over the top too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom