Running the Option (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Do y'all find it over powered? Just wondering because I got owned by it online. But I'm probably just not good at the game yet since the first thing I did after turning it on for the first time was jump into an online match.

Do y'all find it over powered? Just wondering because I got owned by it online. But I'm probably just not good at the game yet since the first thing I did after turning it on for the first time was jump into an online match.

Just don't play a team that uses the option online. My first game someone chose the Eagles and just called shotgun running with Vick the whole game.

its pretty broken player v player in madden.

in NCAA you can set your defense to focus on the qb or rb, and then user a LB/safety to assume the other responsibility yourself.

Unless im just missing how to do it, you cant focus the defense on the option like that in madden.

its kinda annoying that if youre usering the dline ,that the cpu forces your read.

i bet players would stop abusing the option so much if you could wax their qb on every play and get their punter in the game at qb because they ran out of healthy ones.

I played 4 games last night: 2 against the Eagles, 1 against the Seahawks and 1 against the Redskins. The only one who didn't try a Read-Option were the guys with the Seahawks, but they were playing QB/RB and trying to run clock from the 1st quarter.

Anyways, the two groups of guys we played that used the Eagles tried the Read-Option with Vick, but it wasn't very effective. Only once he got free for about 20 yards, then just as I was about to knock his block off, he slid. Neither Vick or RGIII should be able to slide, or Eli for that matter since he always goes face first. LOL.

The guys that used the Redskins knew what they were doing though. RGIII had 2 touchdowns, one was like 60 yards and the other was like maybe 45 or so, but that is infuriating. We stopped it a few times, then we scored 3 minutes before half, forcing them to try and hurry to move down the field which resulted in 2 picks and 14 points for us, then we got the kick-off after half, and continued to beat them down more. I think we put 60 on them.

This game feel is VERY weird compared to last year, especially on defense. On defense it was easy to pick up a guy coming across the field and user cover him; this year you HAVE to pick him up at the perfect time or he'll run right by you. On offense, it's pretty easy to get open, especially with Ben Watson, LOL. He is a BEAST.

its pretty broken player v player in madden.

in NCAA you can set your defense to focus on the qb or rb, and then user a LB/safety to assume the other responsibility yourself.

Unless im just missing how to do it, you cant focus the defense on the option like that in madden.

its kinda annoying that if youre usering the dline ,that the cpu forces your read.

i bet players would stop abusing the option so much if you could wax their qb on every play and get their punter in the game at qb because they ran out of healthy ones.

The only thing I can think of is to possibly shift the defense to the side you think they are running it to and then set a player to spy the QB or RB if you can. But then again, shifting to one side would probably open up a cut back run. Idk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom