Running up score? (1 Viewer)

Regulater

Rookie
Reaction score
Yesterday at the end of the game when Deuce scored, the fox announcers said the falcons would remember this for next year. They seem to think that when we threw to Devery with around two minutes to go we should have just killed the clock. I thought it was just a way off putting the game away for sure. I think also that points are in tie breaking formula too.
I dought that Payton cares what they think, i know i dont.
Reg

Please... we came out in a "lets run the clock out" formation... tight with 3 TEs... they just couldn't make a play on Deuce. It's all their fault... I hate when teams cry about running up the score. Play defense... if your defense can't stop the other team then it's your problem.

I'm all for class and gamesmanship, but cmon...

Let the Falcons remember it all they want, I doubt it will help them as long as they insist on lining a HB behind center every play.

all three of fox's announcers were obviously pulling for the falcons....i believe tony sirigusa ran his fat mouth saying the falcons would come back and win...

that was not running up the score, that was driving the final nail in the coffin.....11 points can be scored very quickly, so it's understandable why he wanted another score....

not to mention, as we have seen before, payton has sent drew in for a the victory formation a couple of times when we could have run up the score....who cares what thos dummies think...

who cares if the falcons remember it next year, we pwned them both times this year and will make the playoffs while they sit and wonder "what if?"

Hopefully Henderson doesnt forget that BS horse collar tackle Deangelo Fall made....Way outta hand

There was around 2 mins left and we only had an 11 point lead.
Besides, their defense quit on them.

On that long pass play to Henderson, right before Deuce's touchdown, the Saints needed a first down to continue running out the clock. The short stuff was covered and the only option to get the first down was to go deep. After that all the Saints wanted to do was run the clock down, its not their fault the Falcons couldn't stop them. That's not running the score up, its smart football.

Who cares if they did score up? You dont run the score up on teams out of respect. There isnt one, single reason why the Saints should respect anything about the Falcons.

These are the same falcons who ran the score up in a 62-7 win over the saints. This is the same Falcon team who signed a player the saints had just cut just to get a game plan.

Call that respect worthy? Please!?!?!

You play to win, not give your opponent a chance, I seem to remember the Saints were on the opposite side a few years back.

I agree fully. just reporting what was said. I was not one thinking it was running it up.
Reg

Who cares its the Falcons, we have no mercy for the dirty birds.

Professionals are supposed to be able to handle stuff like this. I'm all against running up the score on the amateur level, but you're not gonna convince me to care if it happens to a pro team. Sometimes a team just cannot be stopped, plain and simple.

Yesterday at the end of the game when Deuce scored, the fox announcers said the falcons would remember this for next year. They seem to think that when we threw to Devery with around two minutes to go we should have just killed the clock. I thought it was just a way off putting the game away for sure. I think also that points are in tie breaking formula too.
I dought that Payton cares what they think, i know i dont.
Reg

it's funny they say that when just a few hours later it was proven once again that no lead is safe

24 points in 10 minutes ... how quick could 11 be scores?

Here's what I remember from that drive:
Grady Jackson and Babineaux stop Deuce for a loss of two yards on 1st down.
That's fine.
Grady then proceeds to taunt and says something to the effect of "same old Saints", which to me was hilarious because of the score.:spit:
It was maybe two plays later they hit Devery on that long pass. :ezbill:
I doubt that had much to do with it, but you never know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom