Running up score? (1 Viewer)

Building the " MOE"

The Saints had a chance to taste a lil road kill and they went for it.At this juncture of the Saints season the more they develop the " scent of the hunt" the better they will be.Its merely a way to keep the " MOE" and allowing your team to get a taste of whats its like to really make a statement and finish someone off.

I heard the neck bone crack in my TV room.Sure folks may remember that.Memories like that are over rated anyway.With free agency and all who will be left ? Over rated line in sports.." we'll remember what you did "...blah blah...

Mora won't be around if this keeps up. Was it a young head coach getting away from himself ?? No it was a young coach keeping his team finely tuned for the big stretch run.

I would want my team to maintain the fell and thrill of WIN ! Coaches and players understand that mind set. The psychological edge that arrives only when you are willing to finish the job.......totally.

I'm giddy all over !!!!! GV

Yesterday at the end of the game when Deuce scored, the fox announcers said the falcons would remember this for next year. They seem to think that when we threw to Devery with around two minutes to go we should have just killed the clock. I thought it was just a way off putting the game away for sure. I think also that points are in tie breaking formula too.
I dought that Payton cares what they think, i know i dont.
Reg

That's ridiculous. Those guys are just trying to make good TV. The Falcons will remember how poorly they executed, and how prepared the Saints were. They got beaten, fair and square.

When Payton was in the same position against the Bucs he did not "run up the score".

The situations were completely different. In the Bucs game we had the ball deep in Bucs territory with just over 2 minutes left. In this game, we were in our own end of the field with well over 3 minutes left against a team that can score from anywhere on the field. The underneath pass was covered, Brees' only option was Devery in the deep middle. What do you think he should do? Then on the next play we would have been content to run out the clock - we were in a tight 3 TE set. The middle was clogged, Deuce bounced it outside and all but walked into the end zone. If the Falcons didn't want us to score then I submit that they should have tried a little harder to stop us.

I agree, the announcers were pretty off on their assesment thinking were "running up the score", but they did a good job overall yesterday announcing.

That is, unless you guys want Pitts again.

We can't complain about every team we get.

Does anyone think that if the tables were turned Vick woulda taken a knee?

I'm just ****** we didnt kick it onside to try to score again.

They should have been happy. Technically by scoring, we gave then better chance at winning than falling on the ball 3 times. Theoretically, they could have scored on kick off return, on side kick, scored again etc. Falling on ball gives team no chance unless you can't take snap and fall down without fumbling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom