Rush Limbaugh has advanced cancer [Thread Closed] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Last edited:

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
So...what you're saying is to throw our hands up in the air and say screw it? Because that's what is sounds like to me.

We solve the problem by examining why we are where we are then doing something to change how we got there. Repeating tired old arguments doesn't accomplish anything and we need to let go of old assumptions. If we do this in good faith, I think there's a conversation to be had.

You're the one putting words in my mouth about denial. I'm not denying anything. I just want a way forward where we actually treat each other with respect and give weight to each other's points of view, even if they don't agree.

As for the rest, those people are not my influencers. I agree they influence millions of people, and I'm disappointed that more people like Romney don't stand up and apart from the current leadership. But that has to start somewhere.

"We" could be you and I and anyone else here. It could be people frustrated with the current state of our culture and politics. It could be a lot of things and a lot of people. I'm just wondering if there's a real desire to have a meeting of the minds or if this whole exercise is futile.
there is no going forward because both sides have made politics their religion. Once you have decided that your position is the moral high ground and there is no middle ground or other way of looking at things, there is no hope.

those on both sides use the same logical fallacy....because I am *insert party/belief here*, then I am 100% right. There are more and more incidents of violence against those of differing political beliefs. both sides are moving more to the extreme and away from the middle and history has shown what happens when people claim moral superiority and won't tolerate those who are different

Reaction score
there is no going forward because both sides have made politics their religion. Once you have decided that your position is the moral high ground and there is no middle ground or other way of looking at things, there is no hope.

those on both sides use the same logical fallacy....because I am *insert party/belief here*, then I am 100% right. There are more and more incidents of violence against those of differing political beliefs. both sides are moving more to the extreme and away from the middle and history has shown what happens when people claim moral superiority and won't tolerate those who are different
Actually, this is learned behavior. These people are heavily influenced by their spheres of influence. Hence Rush's power over them.

The way forward is for reasonable people to do as you have and point it out, but it also needs to happen at a higher level than just folks on a message board. We need level headed influence to over come radicalization. Easier said than done, I know.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Truth to tell, I think that buying into a ‘both sides’ narrative is just as problematic

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is kind of stunning the differences on feelings of compassion and forgiveness between this thread and Michael Vick's.
I missed that thread. The sentiment makes sense tho. I've actually got a lot more respect for Vick. He's a better human being in just about every way. He was a Falcon, so it's not easy forgiving that. :hihi: That said. I do think that cancer is a bit of an equalizer in some ways.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truth to tell, I think that buying into a ‘both sides’ narrative is just as problematic
I agree in some respects. I don't think the both sides do it rationalizing works, and it's a bit of an excuse. That said, we do need to have people who lean to either side in the sense of political/social leanings, not necessarily "party". The success and security of the country as a whole is more important to me than the parties. The parties are a means, not the end. And to that point, how do cooler heads prevail for the sake of our society as a whole?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree in some respects. I don't think the both sides do it rationalizing works, and it's a bit of an excuse. That said, we do need to have people who lean to either side in the sense of political/social leanings, not necessarily "party". The success and security of the country as a whole is more important to me than the parties. The parties are a means, not the end. And to that point, how do cooler heads prevail for the sake of our society as a whole?
Agree wholeheartedly

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I can't emphasise enough that I do not endorse or agree with his views, but I feel like he's probably right in that above quote. It's a big leap for a lot of people who you need onside to win a general election. I hope he pulls through though (for reasons including that I'd love to hear his take on Trump losing, but that's veering off into the banned political forum).

Charlie Brizzown

Used to fish
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't emphasise enough that I do not endorse or agree with his views, but I feel like he's probably right in that above quote. It's a big leap for a lot of people who you need onside to win a general election. I hope he pulls through though (for reasons including that I'd love to hear his take on Trump losing, but that's veering off into the banned political forum).
I think all he was trying to do was enrage his listeners by getting them to imagine a couple gay guys ramming something down Trump’s throat.

That fits his history more so than being nice by giving Democrats advice on how not to lose the election.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There was a woman in the Iowa caucus that voted for Mayor B and then found out he was openly gay and she was pissed. She threw a fit and changed her vote. She was a registered Democrat that wasnt rrady.

Personally I dont care. Doesnt phase me who a person chooses for his partner. It's none of my business.

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think all he was trying to do was enrage his listeners by getting them to imagine a couple gay guys ramming something down Trump’s throat.

That fits his history more so than being nice by giving Democrats advice on how not to lose the election.
Oh, I don't doubt it. He's a grade-A jerk happy to fan the flames of division. In this instance however, I think his generally offensive opinion is unfortunately right.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At least he’s staying consistent. I have no care nor love for the guy. He holds no value to me as a person, once again proving it right there. So, like I said, I wouldn’t wish cancer on anyone, but the guy is still a tool and someone who I have no respect for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
antipop Everything Else Board 9

Headlines

Top Bottom