Rush Limbaugh has advanced cancer [Thread Closed] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, whoa, whoa....just whoa. Believe me, if you're dying or have been told you're dying you will deal with death and dealing with your own death is a far different horse than dealing with a death in your family.

I guess all of this has touched a nerve with me, being a Stage IV lung cancer survivor. My heart goes out to anyone who is diagnosed with Stage IV cancer of any type. I know what they and their family are dealing with and I know what they and their family are getting ready to go through. Many of you have been in this spot, either diagnosed with a disease or being part of a family who has someone who has been diagnosed with a disease.

None of us deserve it, no matter what or who we are.

I am going to have to say something now that I never thought I would have to say to this group of people. I grew up in an abusive household. An over-the-line, people should have been arrested abusive household. I don't think there is any need to go into any more detail, but it led to the following:

When my mother got sicker towards the last few years of her life I reveled in the "she is getting everything she deserves" camp. I allowed myself joy to witness her pain. She had not changed her habits, the demons that made her who she was had not changed. Hell, the night before she passed away I spoke with her on the phone and she was still trying to get her digs in. She didn't know she would pass just 24 hours later. When my Dad called me early on that Sunday morning and told me she had passed I did not shed a single tear. I could hear the heartbreak in my Daddy's voice, the love of his life (who had also abused him) was gone and I felt bad for him but didn't shed a tear.

How sad is that?

The honest to goodness truth of the matter is that she did not deserve to suffer and die any more than she deserved to have the demons swimming around her head. Regardless of the strength and vitriol the demons gave her she was still and should've always been, that sweet, beautiful, red-headed girl from East Texas with a big smile and a heart to match.

She deserved my forgiveness.

So, here is the deal with Rush - he does not deserve cancer any more than I deserved cancer or my mother deserved mental disease. Yes, his political views certainly don't align with mine, his abuse (and make no mistake, it is abuse) of minorities, women and others is nothing to be proud of. His unfailing devotion to a party who left him behind many years ago has not served him well. His attempts to keep himself relevant have made him into a caricature and he alone will have to pay the price for that when the time comes.

He does not deserve to suffer and die this way. He deserves our forgiveness, and if we cannot see that then that is on us.
Deserves? This was a guy that accused Michael J Fox of faking Parkinson’s Disease.

I do have compassion.

I hope he goes easy.

But I also hope he thinks about all the hateful things and lies he spewed into this world.

And I don't regret the Joseph Goebbels comparison.
.. so, no one is wishing cancer on anyone, at least not me. But I am not going to shed a tear for a douchebag just because he's facing his own mortality.

Limbaugh has never shed a tear for anyone or showed compassion for anyone. On the contrary, he has shown a marked disdain for people.

So I am not dancing a jig because Limbaugh is dying. But I am not shedding tears either.
It's karma.

The Christian God tells us in Galatians that we shall reap what we sow or something like that.

I think it's apropos.

I agree pretty much with all of this except the Christian god part but that's another discussion entirely....

I don't understand awarding Limbaugh a Presidential Medal of Freedom. I fully realize he has given a great deal of money to charities, but seriously. His brand of shouting down anyone who disagrees with him has been a driving factor of where the political air has ended up today.

I may be overstating it, but without the public polarizing influence of people like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken, things like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi tearing up the President's speech right behind him on national television wouldn't be happening.

Rush Limbaugh and those who've followed in his footsteps (both conservative and liberal) have fostered this atmosphere of total disrespect that has risen all the way to the top of the Federal government. Not that republicans and democrats didn't talk badly about each other before the 80s, but Tip O'Neill never showed that kind of public disrespect for Ronald Reagan nor did Newt Gingrich ever show such public disrespect to Clinton. Certainly, both men spoke derogatorily about those Presidents sometimes, but they never publicly disdained them in person like what happened last night. Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but I don't think either man would have even entertained the notion of not introducing the President for a State of the Union speech as Pelosi did last night.

And again, I blame Pelosi's behaviour on the atmosphere that Limbaugh and others like him encouraged (and continue to encourage). As long as we the people continue to watch/listen to people like Sean Hannity and Stephen Colbert, this atmosphere will continue to get worse.

As for Limbaugh, I pray for his health and for a cure as I do for all cancer victims. I hope for his sake and his family that he is able to overcome it. And hopefully every individual who is cured brings us that much closer to a cure for everyone.

I don't understand awarding Limbaugh a Presidential Medal of Freedom. I fully realize he has given a great deal of money to charities, but seriously. His brand of shouting down anyone who disagrees with him has been a driving factor of where the political air has ended up today.

I may be overstating it, but without the public polarizing influence of people like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken, things like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi tearing up the President's speech right behind him on national television wouldn't be happening.

Rush Limbaugh and those who've followed in his footsteps (both conservative and liberal) have fostered this atmosphere of total disrespect that has risen all the way to the top of the Federal government. Not that republicans and democrats didn't talk badly about each other before the 80s, but Tip O'Neill never showed that kind of public disrespect for Ronald Reagan nor did Newt Gingrich ever show such public disrespect to Clinton. Certainly, both men spoke derogatorily about those Presidents sometimes, but they never publicly disdained them in person like what happened last night. Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but I don't think either man would have even entertained the notion of not introducing the President for a State of the Union speech as Pelosi did last night.

And again, I blame Pelosi's behaviour on the atmosphere that Limbaugh and others like him encouraged (and continue to encourage). As long as we the people continue to watch/listen to people like Sean Hannity and Stephen Colbert, this atmosphere will continue to get worse.

As for Limbaugh, I pray for his health and for a cure as I do for all cancer victims. I hope for his sake and his family that he is able to overcome it. And hopefully every individual who is cured brings us that much closer to a cure for everyone.
But its perfectly okay for the president to act and say things derogatory to anyone he pleases. Make fun of individuals with handicaps. And tweet constantly demeaning nicknames to whomever crosses his path. Limbaugh is a loud mouth,rude,drug addict and obnoxious individual. Am Aethist so the Christian thing doesnt apply to me. But when the president honors this buffoon it reflects directly on the president's lack of character. His speech was loaded with out and out lies and misinformation. He turned SOTU address into Trump rally

Last edited:
My request to the mods is to only moderate the posts that make this thread political. It's a pretty good thread, I'd like it to stick around.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....just whoa. Believe me, if you're dying or have been told you're dying you will deal with death and dealing with your own death is a far different horse than dealing with a death in your family.

I guess all of this has touched a nerve with me, being a Stage IV lung cancer survivor. My heart goes out to anyone who is diagnosed with Stage IV cancer of any type. I know what they and their family are dealing with and I know what they and their family are getting ready to go through. Many of you have been in this spot, either diagnosed with a disease or being part of a family who has someone who has been diagnosed with a disease.

None of us deserve it, no matter what or who we are.

I am going to have to say something now that I never thought I would have to say to this group of people. I grew up in an abusive household. An over-the-line, people should have been arrested abusive household. I don't think there is any need to go into any more detail, but it led to the following:

When my mother got sicker towards the last few years of her life I reveled in the "she is getting everything she deserves" camp. I allowed myself joy to witness her pain. She had not changed her habits, the demons that made her who she was had not changed. Hell, the night before she passed away I spoke with her on the phone and she was still trying to get her digs in. She didn't know she would pass just 24 hours later. When my Dad called me early on that Sunday morning and told me she had passed I did not shed a single tear. I could hear the heartbreak in my Daddy's voice, the love of his life (who had also abused him) was gone and I felt bad for him but didn't shed a tear.

How sad is that?

The honest to goodness truth of the matter is that she did not deserve to suffer and die any more than she deserved to have the demons swimming around her head. Regardless of the strength and vitriol the demons gave her she was still and should've always been, that sweet, beautiful, red-headed girl from East Texas with a big smile and a heart to match.

She deserved my forgiveness.

So, here is the deal with Rush - he does not deserve cancer any more than I deserved cancer or my mother deserved mental disease. Yes, his political views certainly don't align with mine, his abuse (and make no mistake, it is abuse) of minorities, women and others is nothing to be proud of. His unfailing devotion to a party who left him behind many years ago has not served him well. His attempts to keep himself relevant have made him into a caricature and he alone will have to pay the price for that when the time comes.

He does not deserve to suffer and die this way. He deserves our forgiveness, and if we cannot see that then that is on us.

Thank you for sharing. I don't have the stomach to read more than a few comments on this thread. We live in an interesting time where many, if not most, deny or ignore anything more than what's in front of them yet desperately desire and demand cosmic levels of purity and justice. That's just not the way any of this works and will only lead to self destruction. The problem is we have no sense of humility in the face of ultimate justice and possess no mechanism for forgiveness.

That to me begins to explain the vitriol expressed for a dying man, rather than the hope that he might experience conversion and forgiveness. It's rather ugly and I can only hope that we all receive mercy upon examination of our own failings.

But its perfectly okay for the president to act and say things derogatory to anyone he pleases. Make fun of individuals with handicaps. And tweet constantly demeaning nicknames to whomever crosses his path. Limbaugh is a loud mouth,rude and obnoxious individual. Am Aethist so the Christian thing doesnt apply to me. But when the president honors this buffoon it reflects directly on the president's lack of character. His speech was loaded with out and out lies and misinformation. He turned SOTU address into Trump rally
I agree 100%. I thought the networks were replaying his Iowa rally for a minute.

Thank you for sharing. I don't have the stomach to read more than a few comments on this thread. We live in an interesting time where many, if not most, deny or ignore anything more than what's in front of them yet desperately desire and demand cosmic levels of purity and justice. That's just not the way any of this works and will only lead to self destruction. The problem is we have no sense of humility in the face of ultimate justice and possess no mechanism for forgiveness.

That to me begins to explain the vitriol expressed for a dying man, rather than the hope that he might experience conversion and forgiveness. It's rather ugly and I can only hope that we all receive mercy upon examination of our own failings.

Well, I am not one to seek or demand "cosmic levels of purity and justice", but if you want to talk about vitriol, about someone with no sense of humility or decency, you need not look any further than Rush Limbaugh.

But its perfectly okay for the president to act and say things derogatory to anyone he pleases. Make fun of individuals with handicaps. And tweet constantly demeaning nicknames to whomever crosses his path. Limbaugh is a loud mouth,rude,drug addict and obnoxious individual. Am Aethist so the Christian thing doesnt apply to me. But when the president honors this buffoon it reflects directly on the president's lack of character. His speech was loaded with out and out lies and misinformation. He turned SOTU address into Trump rally

No, it's not okay. In fact, it's pathetic. Again, it's part of the atmosphere that people like Limbaugh have brought us.

Make no mistake, I think Trump is a crass man who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Despite that, he is the President and the office should be accorded respect. Obama suffered a lot of disrespect when he served in the office and that wasn't okay. It's the same with Trump, no matter what we think of him personally.

As for turning the SOTU into a rally, that's the norm. Go back and watch any of them on record. Every President has done that in my memory.

No, it's not okay. In fact, it's pathetic. Again, it's part of the atmosphere that people like Limbaugh have brought us.

Make no mistake, I think Trump is a crass man who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Despite that, he is the President and the office should be accorded respect. Obama suffered a lot of disrespect when he served in the office and that wasn't okay. It's the same with Trump, no matter what we think of him personally.

As for turning the SOTU into a rally, that's the norm. Go back and watch any of them on record. Every President has done that in my memory.
I agree the presidency should be bigger than any 1 man. But,with the polarization that has occurred in this country which I tie to Limbaugh,Hannity,Fox News and the Republican parties blind following of Trump. There used to be a time when the two where different but no longer. The NSC clearly defended Trump and not the office.

Then how do you know the rest of what you state is true?

Not a fan of Rush... but way to many people here seem sort of happy about this news... Which is kind of sick if I am being honest...

Sure, you may have disagreed with his politics, views, or platform message... Sure, he may not have been a great person.... Heck, he may have been a complete waste of human space in your mind...

But the near gloating here for someone that was just diagnosed terminal... and the comparisons/rationalizations to Mass Murders and Sexual predators is pretty sad, petty, and out of line honestly...

This is probably one of those times that.... if you have nothing nice to say... you probably should just keep it to yourself... JMO
Reading through this thread, I can tell that there are more people in it that won't shed a tear if/when Limbaugh departs this earth than not. But before anyone starts throwing around accusations of gloating by anyone here, I want you to take a look at some of the things said by people who support Limbaugh and trump for that matter:
  • "TRUMP made his arse quit"
  • "Good! I hope that ****sucker is forced to smoke a super bag of ***** in hell, the sooner the better. That goes for every other DemoRAT member of the house."
  • "He’s a piece of work, bye"
  • "Don't know of the guy, wish him and his family the best, and have no problem wishing that this fate would have landed on Hillary Clinton instead."
  • "With all due respect...f*** that guy."
  • "It’s called “karma”!"
  • "I hope he dies quickly"
  • "Good riddance and go in peace."
  • "I have no sympathy for John Lewis - or any of the national Democrats at this time - they are all totally corrupt and/or anti-American."
  • "Guy is a huge scumbag"
  • "Horrible human being. Satan cannot take him fast enough."
These were all comments made about Rep. John Lewis after it was announced that he has pancreatic cancer. They were not made here but they WERE made by people who support Limbaugh and Trump. So I say this to anyone coming here to point a righteous finger at people here saying they don't have compassion for Limbaugh, look at yourself and the people that you share a commonality with before you start looking at others to chastise them. You have seen nothing like the filth quoted posted here. Maybe it's due to the fact that if someone did post something like that it would get deleted, I don't know.

I just wanted the people who are being critical of Limbaugh detractors to see what Limbaugh supporters said in a similar situation. John Lewis has done far more good for this country than Limbaugh has ever done.

I don't understand awarding Limbaugh a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

God bless the Onion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom