Rush Limbaugh has advanced cancer [Thread Closed] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of stunning the differences on feelings of compassion and forgiveness between this thread and Michael Vick's.

I missed that thread. The sentiment makes sense tho. I've actually got a lot more respect for Vick. He's a better human being in just about every way. He was a Falcon, so it's not easy forgiving that. :hihi: That said. I do think that cancer is a bit of an equalizer in some ways.

Truth to tell, I think that buying into a ‘both sides’ narrative is just as problematic

I agree in some respects. I don't think the both sides do it rationalizing works, and it's a bit of an excuse. That said, we do need to have people who lean to either side in the sense of political/social leanings, not necessarily "party". The success and security of the country as a whole is more important to me than the parties. The parties are a means, not the end. And to that point, how do cooler heads prevail for the sake of our society as a whole?

Truth to tell, I think that buying into a ‘both sides’ narrative is just as problematic

Pew Research and many incidents of violence agree with me and this is freaking BEFORE our latest presidential election

PP_16.04.26_polarization.gif

I agree in some respects. I don't think the both sides do it rationalizing works, and it's a bit of an excuse. That said, we do need to have people who lean to either side in the sense of political/social leanings, not necessarily "party". The success and security of the country as a whole is more important to me than the parties. The parties are a means, not the end. And to that point, how do cooler heads prevail for the sake of our society as a whole?
Agree wholeheartedly

I can't emphasise enough that I do not endorse or agree with his views, but I feel like he's probably right in that above quote. It's a big leap for a lot of people who you need onside to win a general election. I hope he pulls through though (for reasons including that I'd love to hear his take on Trump losing, but that's veering off into the banned political forum).

I can't emphasise enough that I do not endorse or agree with his views, but I feel like he's probably right in that above quote. It's a big leap for a lot of people who you need onside to win a general election. I hope he pulls through though (for reasons including that I'd love to hear his take on Trump losing, but that's veering off into the banned political forum).

I think all he was trying to do was enrage his listeners by getting them to imagine a couple gay guys ramming something down Trump’s throat.

That fits his history more so than being nice by giving Democrats advice on how not to lose the election.

There was a woman in the Iowa caucus that voted for Mayor B and then found out he was openly gay and she was P'Oed. She threw a fit and changed her vote. She was a registered Democrat that wasnt rrady.

Personally I dont care. Doesnt phase me who a person chooses for his partner. It's none of my business.

I think all he was trying to do was enrage his listeners by getting them to imagine a couple gay guys ramming something down Trump’s throat.

That fits his history more so than being nice by giving Democrats advice on how not to lose the election.

Oh, I don't doubt it. He's a grade-A jerk happy to fan the flames of division. In this instance however, I think his generally offensive opinion is unfortunately right.

At least he’s staying consistent. I have no care nor love for the guy. He holds no value to me as a person, once again proving it right there. So, like I said, I wouldn’t wish cancer on anyone, but the guy is still a tool and someone who I have no respect for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom