Rutger Hauer or Christopher Lambert (1 Viewer)

Better Actor

• Rutger Hauer

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Christopher Lambert

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of non blockbuster movies.
Both of these guys started out acting in other countries before coming Hollywood. Hauer from Germany and Lambert from France.
Both started out with big movies like Tarzan Highlander and Blade Runner, but soon got relegated mostly to lesser known movies.
Although I do like Lambert's movies, Hauer, imo, seemed more authentic in his acting..

i thought hauer was dutch and lambert american

:idunno:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Nothing in Lambert's career comes close to that scene, so Hauer by a landslide.

Can't believe the timing of some of these threads. I watched Highlander for the first time this past weekend. Even if I take into account the year it was made and give it the appropriate slack, I thought it would have been better. Solid, but that's about it, IMO.

i thought hauer was dutch and lambert american

:idunno:
I read that Lambert didn't speak a lick of English going into the film. It gave him a somewhat indistinct accent which was perfect for the role.

As for the OP's question, Hauer is a more talented, dynamic actor, IMO.

Last edited:
Highlander is one of those movies I won't rewatch because I'm sure it will be terrible and I want it to remain awesome in my mind.

I ruined Krull that way.

I watched a movie called Fatherland with Hauer not too long ago. Alternate History timeline type movie where Germany won WW2 and controlled Europe, and no one knew about the Holocaust until a reporter started to uncover it in the 60's. I think it was an HBO movie from the 90's

I rest my case:

1626296612622.png
It looked to be a total "paycheck" movie for him, but it has a respectable 6.1 IMDB rating. I fully expected it to be in the 3's or low 4's at best. I may keep an eye out for this one on the streaming services. Looks like a fun, rainy day indulgence.

Can't believe the timing of some of these threads. I watched Highlander for the first time this past weekend. Even if I take into account the year it was made and give it the appropriate slack, I thought it would have been better. Solid, but that's about it, IMO.

It does have Sean Connery playing an immortal ancient Egyptian pretending to be a 16th century Spaniard while speaking in a Scottish accent and using a Japanese sword, so there's that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom