Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured ribs (1 Viewer)

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yikes, from reading this article, it seems Ginsburg is being kept alive with medical magic. She had fractures in 2011, but she was in her late 70s then. Now at 85, fractures are much more dangerous. I hope to goodness she can survive and serve into her 90s, because we might just need that!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-has-broken-her-ribs-in-a-fall.html
Where are you getting this 'being kept alive with medical magic' bit? It says she fell, but didn't think much of it - then had discomfort so she went to the hospital for observation. :shrug:

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Where are you getting this 'being kept alive with medical magic' bit? It says she fell, but didn't think much of it - then had discomfort so she went to the hospital for observation. :shrug:
I read itas him making reference to how old she is? But I don't know.

I do think anytime an 85 year old is hospitalized there is cause for concern. I am sure it is being done out of caution, but at that age one problem can quickly led into many.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I read itas him making reference to how old she is? But I don't know.

I do think anytime an 85 year old is hospitalized there is cause for concern. I am sure it is being done out of caution, but at that age one problem can quickly led into many.
True dat. And she has survived cancer and other maladies, perhaps that's what he was referring to.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I say this with no disrespect to Justice Ginsberg, and I hope she quickly recovers and gets back to work.
But if something were to happen to her right now, I really think this country would explode.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I say this with no disrespect to Justice Ginsberg, and I hope she quickly recovers and gets back to work.
But if something were to happen to her right now, I really think this country would explode.
Hide yo kids

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As a Republican/Conservative I would like to see her recover and return to the court. I personally would never want a court stacked so far in one direction.

OP
OP
lapaz

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
True dat. And she has survived cancer and other maladies, perhaps that's what he was referring to.
That’s exactly what I meant. She’s had a couple of cancer recoveries, the heart stint, and the couple of fractures. If not for medical magic, she would be dead. I’m hoping the magic gives her another 20 years, but she is so frail that it will take strong magic.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
I agree.
I wish she had retired under Obama.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Well, she would have had to retire in 2014 or earlier. Otherwise, Mitch McConnell would have just held the nomination over.
Maybe so. Obama took over in January 2009 (when she was 76) - there was a pretty long window in there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom