Ryan Contract Hypothetical ? (1 Viewer)

I'd rather they sign him to the biggest contract ever, that way there's no money to go around when the rest of the team is up for new deals

So I just saw a headline on ESPN.com saying something along the lines of "Will Matt Ryan try for a Joe Flacco megadeal?"

Would it upset you more if he got $20.01m/yr or if he took one for the team and took $15-17m/yr to reduce the strain on the franchise?

Brady's deal was upsetting, especially when you realize he won't play the years listed in the end of the backload.
He's not worth getting upset over. But the more the Falcons spend on him, the better.

I hope he ends up being the second highest paid QB in the NFL, after Rodgers.

They should give him a 50 year $500 Billion contract. Pete Prisco will seriously argue that he deserves it.

In all seriousness, I think the Falcons may go ahead and let this season play out before doing his deal, much the same way that The Ravens did with Flacco. Baltimore gambled that Flacco would regress and therefore be cheaper and they got bit..he won the SB and thus earned a top contract. Atlanta may roll the same dice and hope that he regresses so that they won't have to pay him as much...they can always tag him if they cannot come to a deal before the end of the league year.

It's pretty bad when your onwer and GM are hoping for a bad year from your QB in the back of their minds, but every GM has those thoughts when it comes time to pay the QB, including our own. Brees set the single season yardage record and the completion percentage record in 2011, which helped contribute to his big contract. The Saints meanwhile choked away the divisional playoff game in San Francisco due to some very questionable defense. If you dig deep into the recesses of Mickey Loomis' brain, given that Drew's big season did not lead to a Super Bowl win, i'm sure you will find that Loomis would have rathered Drew have a down year and we miss the playoffs which might have saved the Saints several million dollars in the contract, than for Drew to have a great year that led to 13 wins and a spot in the divisional playoffs, but did not lead to a championship. It is the only explanation as to why Drew's deal was not done sooner, it's the reason Baltimore waited for Flacco and i think it is the reason Atlanta is dragging its feet with Ryan.

As much as I detest the Falcons, I have to admit Arthur Blank is a stellar businessman. He's not going to overpay, or underpay, he'll pay market value.

So I expect veteran minimum with a 4 figure roster bonus.

They should sign him to a 5 year $500 million contract... 100$ guaranteed. :hihi:

This is hatred asking the questions, not logic. Sorry to confuse you. I'd be upset if either happened, but if he gets the Flacco deal of Brees + 1, there is a bit of "you didn't deserve it" floating around in my rage. I'd be much happier if he got $23m/yr because NOBODY would be able to support that nonsense.

You use the word hate like it's a bad thing. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom