Ryan Davis released by the Jags (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
I would take him over Bobby Richardson as a backup DE. They tried to make him a LB, but he's 270lbs and it didn't work. His PFF grades are pretty good too. He had a combined 10sacks the last 2 years

260 is too small for a SDE he would need to put on 20 pounds at least. He would fit at WDE but we have Kruger and Edabali there.

That would be a nice get for us. Another sub package pass rusher. Not too bothered by his lack of size. Kikaha is barely 250 pounds and he was going to our starting DE. Ryan Davis is still a kid and can always get bigger and stronger in the training room.

He's 270. Perfect size.

270 is a perfect size for a WDE but in a 4-3 over that we run 285 is the perfect size for a 5 tech SDE also Richardson can slide over to the 3 tech spot Davis definitely won't do that. Bringing him in over someone like Darryl Tapp I can see but Davis and Richardson are different types of players.

270 is a perfect size for a WDE but in a 4-3 over that we run 285 is the perfect size for a 5 tech SDE also Richardson can slide over to the 3 tech spot Davis definitely won't do that. Bringing him in over someone like Darryl Tapp I can see but Davis and Richardson are different types of players.

Haha. I don't care where he plays, how big he is, who we already have. He can rush the passer. I'm game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the offseason I went out on a limb a few times and said that Bobby Richardson was the most underrated player on this team. No. I'm not thrilled with him as a starter, but he makes an incredibly solid backup.

But that was during the offseason. I honestly don't remember anything from him this entire preseason.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm all for adding pass rushers but cutting Bobby Richardson would be very stu. He's our current version of Anthony Hargrove.

I think we're done acquiring DEs unless we cut the kid we traded for from Miami.

Cam
Kreuger
Tapp
Edibali
Obum
Tull

I think they moved Bobby Richardson inside to the 3-tech anyway. I remember Cam Jordan doing an interview and he mentioned Richardson moving inside. Maybe he meant sub packages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom