Ryan Swope is being way under rated (1 Viewer)

Stereotypes play a huge role and this happens all the time regardless of color of skin. It also has to do with height and size. If Russell Wilson was 6'4 he would have probably been a top 10 pick last year.

I would not mind Swopes at all especially if we let Devery walk. A 4.3 40 time he has speed and he has great hands. My only concern with him is staying healthy.

Swope is one hard tackle away from a spit cup. He's had 3 concussions in the last 2 years.

To me - A very underrated guy is TCU's Josh Boyce. Having a sub-par QB this past season really destroyed his draft stock. He's a Junior coming out early but he already has a degree - So he's smart.

Josh Boyce WR TCU

GetBinary.ashx

H: 5'11" and change
W: 206 lbs
Combine Results:
225 Bench Reps: 22 (2nd of 40)
40 time: 4.38 official (4th of 40) 6th fastest Offensive player at the Combine
Broad Jump: 10'11" (4th of 40) 4th best Offensive player at the Combine
Vertical Jump: 34" (17th of 40)
3-Cone drill: 6.68s (3rd of 40) 3rd fastest Offensive player at the Combine
20 yard shuttle: 4.10s (9th of 40)
60 yard shuttle: 11.26s (3rd of 40) 3rd fastest Offensive player at the Combine

ETA:

NFL.com's player comparison for Boyce was... Devery Henderson

You may want to mute the music on this:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/tey0mfnNKJI?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

I hear he gives excellent effort, and is a "lunch pail" kind of guy.

Swope is a student of the game. He's like having a coach on the field. They have to get a security guard to drag the guy out of the film room. Intelligent player.

It's unfair, but it's reality. I remember reading something about Toby Gerhart and when he was visiting schools after high school. He said he was one of the top RBs in the state of California (at a big-time HS program) and when he visited USC, they would only offer him a scholarship if he agreed to move to LB. He also said Stanford was one of the only D-1 schools that let him have the chance to stay at RB. Think about it, if Gerhart was a black dude and put up the numbers he did at Stanford, he would have been a sure-fire 1st rounder.

I saw something a couple of years ago about Bobby Bowden, and they asked him about white RBs at FSU, and they said he just laughed and said it wasn't going to happen.

A white people pity party! :munch:

The statement is true. No chance that he is a first rounder...though he is more productive, bigger, more polished, and about the same speed as Austin. African American have to prove their intelligence as QBs. It sucks but it is very true. It isn't about racism, its about stereotypes.

This post is correct. It's all about stereotypes.

It's simple.

In my honest opinion, talent evaluators, ect... Are racist when it comes to white players at "skill positions". It seems almost obvious. It's why white CBs get moved to S (Eric Weddle) and white RBs get moved to FB (Brian Leonard). Of course there are exceptions, but it happens all the time.

If Swope was black, he'd be a higher rated prospect.

Sorry man, White people CAN'T be racist against other White people; prejudiced, but not racist. Swope has known for years that he's gonna have to prove himself at that position, that's nothing new. It doesn't really matter where he's drafted at, considering you're always playing for your next contract. If he's talented, the right team will make use of that talent. I guess ol' Billy up in New England doesn't know what he's doing having a White RB, two White WR's, a White TE, and a Puerto Rican one too.

would be a perfect slot guy with deceptive take it to the house speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom