Ryan vs. Brees (1 Viewer)

Playmaker0017

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Alright guys, let’s keep this thread civil. I was having a disagreement on TATF so I needed a different POV.

I asserted that Brees is the most under-appreciated player in NFL history. Of course I was laughed at cause everyone knows Brees is great. But has he ever been regarded as top 2 in his era? Whether it be Brady or Manning...or Brady & Rogers. Point is, Brees is always 3rd or 4th.

What’s funny is when he retires, Brees might just have a claim to be #3 or #4 All Time. He will certainly own the record books.

How has he never been voted MVP. What a joke. 2011 was no contest yet the media gave it to Rogers.

Rodgers - 4,600 yards passing, 68%, 45 TD’s, 6 INT’s, 14-1 record. MVP

Brees - 5,500 yards, 72%, 46 TD’s, 14 INT’s, 13-3 record.

Only 5 Qb’s have ever thrown for 5,000 yards in a season yet Brees averaged it over a decade. Under appreciated.

I say this without reservation: Brees statistics from 2007-2016 is the best 10 year sample of any player, at any position, in NFL history.

Consider his 10 Year Stats :

49,345 passing yards

69% Completions

359 TD’s

156 INT’s

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan has more yards, TD’s and a few more picks.
Brees has a better running game. He doesn't have to throw for a ton of yards to win. You should know. The Saints called off the dogs early when we beat Atl last thanksgiving. Most of the yards Ryan got against us were garbage, after the game was decided.
Atl has a terrible offensive line, therefore they have no run game. Ryan had more yards last year because he practically had to pass on every play.
You have a lot of nerve coming on here saying Ryan has surpassed Brees!
Blasphemy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Playmaker0017

Playmaker0017

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What exactly is trolling about any part of this?
Hi 👋 you know we’re gone give me a time and I’ll give you 20
Uh huh sure.

Never. Come talk this talk when your “elite” (LMAO) QB has a ring. When people discuss greatness/elite... it’s about championships. ryan has ZERO. That’s not “pimping” at all son. Let’s be real.
So Brees wasn’t elite until he won a title?

texasjefe

That's how football go
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Falcon guy is entitled to his opinion.

Here's mine - Ryan is cooked. Quite clear he doesn't click with any of his coaches anymore, and he lacks fire in the belly. He's starting to take on Jay Cutler body language. He's inconsistent and folds. There's virtually no QB that could psychologically recover from the worst collapse in Super Bowl history, certainly not Matt Ryan. Atlanta's such a mediocre personality-less city, that the Falcons are only interesting when they have either a Head Coach or QB with a screw loose, like Jerry Glanville or Micheal Vick. Falcons should've canned Quinn, because both he and Matt Ryan are cardboard, doorknob personalities. They out-dull and out-mediocre one another.

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Falcon guy is entitled to his opinion.

Here's mine - Ryan is cooked. Quite clear he doesn't click with any of his coaches anymore, and he lacks fire in the belly. He's starting to take on Jay Cutler body language. He's inconsistent and folds. There's virtually no QB that could psychologically recover from the worst collapse in Super Bowl history, certainly not Matt Ryan. Atlanta's such a mediocre personality-less city, that the Falcons are only interesting when they have either a Head Coach or QB with a screw loose, like Jerry Glanville or Micheal Vick. Falcons should've canned Quinn, because both he and Matt Ryan are cardboard, doorknob personalities. They out-dull and out-mediocre one another.
I totally agree. Matt Ryan thinks he has to cuss to demonstrate to everyone he's in control. Brees is ultra focused and his dedication to detail inspires everyone else to raise their game.
Atl wishes Ryan had the leadership skills Brees has!

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'll give the OP credit for honest football discussion in other threads, but this one here is a textbook troll. Sorry.
Yeah, I think she pretty much tipped her hand as to why she is posting here.
After insulting the great Drew Brees like she did, I don't see how she could post anything objective about the Saints.
She claims to be here for "intelligent " discussion, but saying Matt Ryan has surpassed Brees is pretty stupid. She's a Falcon's homer: plain and simple!
I know people here were defending her, but she has an agenda. And her agenda isn't to speak highly of the Saints.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I totally agree. Matt Ryan thinks he has to cuss to demonstrate to everyone he's in control. Brees is ultra focused and his dedication to detail inspires everyone else to raise their game.
Atl wishes Ryan had the leadership skills Brees has!
Let me preface this by in no way is Ryan as good as Brees as a QB....that said, I think he is better than most believe he is...he had a terrible offensive line this year and unfortunately they appeared to have upgraded it (how much? we will know after next season)....IF they have much improved oline play and a running game Ryan will be one of the top 3-4 QBs in the NFL....

And to be clear I HATE the Falcons but I like to think I'm a realist....

OP
OP
Playmaker0017

Playmaker0017

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I think she pretty much tipped her hand as to why she is posting here.
After insulting the great Drew Brees like she did, I don't see how she could post anything objective about the Saints.
She claims to be here for "intelligent " discussion, but saying Matt Ryan has surpassed Brees is pretty stupid. She's a Falcon's homer: plain and simple!
I know people here were defending her, but she has an agenda. And her agenda isn't to speak highly of the Saints.
I would encourage you to read the very first post in the thread and explain how I am insulting Brees...GTFO. Calling him top 3 ALL TIME is clearly insulting and rude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom