S. Payton is funny as hell! (1 Viewer)

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He's friends with Gruden and Fox but Not with Mora right? he let the clock run out for the final few mins of the game in the redzone with the bucs out of Respect.

I LIKE THAT LAST SCORING DRIVE ON FALCONS IN THE LAST FEW MINS EVEN THOUGH WE HAD THE GAME ON LOCK. Sean Payton Can Coach his players to score at will lmao..

Actually, it was obvious it was a running play to milk out the clock. But hey, if the lane is there, it's there, right? We hadn't even hit the two minute warning yet anyway if I'm not mistaken. Crazy things happen in sports sometimes - it's good to seal the deal.

Payton did the right thing. I would have gone for the points too. Hell, if the ball goes back to the Falcons and they score and then do an onside kick and they scored again you would have something else to complain about. They way vick was running the ball it is no way I would have gave them the ball back with a score of 24/13. Come on man it wasn't nothing like that. Congradulation to the Saints for not turning over the ball and on a great win away from the DOME. We
get the 49ers in the DOME next weekend. Let's talk about that.

We are 2-0 against the Falcons
We are 2-0 against the BUCS
We have a score to settle with the Panthers(0-1) Panthers don't take it personnal(12/31/06)

Last edited:
No Atlanta Falcons, we are not going to show any mercy to you.

Payton did the right thing. I would have gone for the points too. Hell, if the ball goes back to the Falcons and they score and then do an onside kick and they scored again you would have something else to complain about. They way vick was running the ball it is no way I would have gave them the ball back with a score of 24/13. Come on man it wasn't nothing like that. Congradulation to the Saints for not turning over the ball and on a great win away from the DOME. We
get the 49ers in the DOME next weekend. Let's talk about that.

All that wouldn't have played out, they could barely get a Running play out on us except for Vick breaks.
And im not complaining im saying it was funny.. please don't twist the words :)

He's friends with Gruden and Fox but Not with Mora right? he let the clock run out for the final few mins of the game in the redzone with the bucs out of Respect.

I LIKE THAT LAST SCORING DRIVE ON FALCONS IN THE LAST FEW MINS EVEN THOUGH WE HAD THE GAME ON LOCK. Sean Payton Can Coach his players to score at will lmao..

I dont agree. Several years ago the Chicago bears scored two touchdowns in the final two minutes to beat the saints.

There was close to three minutes left when we threw long on third down. Long is the throw because they were jumping short routes and because an interception would be as good as a punt.

We scored on a basic running play after the long pass.

If the announcers or falcon fans want to make this into a running up the score event, who cares? It was just smart football. However unlikely a falcon comeback would have been, it was still quite possible against our defense. If they didnt want us to score then they shouldnt have been putting 9 in the box.

Its nice for a change to be on this side of the argument. Ee saints fans are usually complaining about the score being run up on us. The better you play the less you have to worry about teams running up the score.

PS Besides, its the falcons. I would have gone for two after the td. :D

Last edited:

They were up by more than 2 scores on Gruden. There was still a 2 minutes warning. He would have took a kneee with no clock stoppages (IMO). 11 points is too small a margin. Look at Minn today. They almost gave away a larger lead than that late
I thought "Moose" made too big a deal off us scoring on a sweep before the 2 minute warninig

Too much time left. Needed another score to seal the game and as someone noted it was a run...

that was not even CLOSE to running up the score. it was a great play and very justified considering the game circumstances

I didn't think it was that big of a deal that the announcers were making it out to be.

It's 3rd down, the Saints usually in this situation (I remember the Eagles game) call a pass play and if there's nothing, Brees takes a sack, if there's something, throw the darn thing. Henderson fooled Rossum and the ball bounced our way on the call.

On Deuce's last TD, I'm guessing Payton was just calling a run to run down the clock to 2 mins but Deuce made a play.

It was more of ATL's bad defense than our "no mercy" attitude.

I like this quote from woody hayes, sums up my feelings as far as games against the falcons go:

That '68 team not only beat Michigan 50-14, but after the Buckeyes' final fourth-quarter touchdown, the players lined up and went for two, a breach of protocol in every unwritten football manual. When asked why, Hayes delivered a one-liner worthy of Bobby Bowden: "Because they wouldn't let us go for three."

What would you prefer, us to kneel it? Great play on Deuce's part.

Deuce kinda jogged into the endzone.. I guess he could have fell at the one! lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom