Saban is going to get hammered in the media - absolutely hammered (1 Viewer)

Ohhhhhh, yeahhhh.

It looks like a hip injury and a broken nose, not like an aggravation of his ankle injury. That would actually make Saban not look as bad.

It’s hard not to see Tua getting hurt as being related to him playing hurt, but it’s possible I suppose the hip is a completely unrelated injury.

I wouldn’t criticize Orgeron for leaving Burrow in up 28 in the first half. Maybe it’s just a freak injury. I wonder if the ankle had anything to do with the way he fell on his hip.

It looks like a hip injury and a broken nose, not like an aggravation of his ankle injury. That would actually make Saban not look as bad.

It’s hard not to see Tua getting hurt as being related to him playing hurt, but it’s possible I suppose the hip is a completely unrelated injury.

I wouldn’t criticize Orgeron for leaving Burrow in up 28 in the first half. Maybe it’s just a freak injury. I wonder if the ankle had anything to do with the way he fell on his hip.
I've never had a broken hip, but this is what I'm thinking. I mean, that looked brutal. He couldn't put ANY weight on his leg, so is that because it was broken or was that because of his ankle? I dunno, I'm suspicious that, yes, it COULD have had something to do with already being on a limited ankle.

I thought the towel in his face was for him to cry into. Looked like he was just sobbing with agony, I didn't realize he had a nose injury. Maybe it is a freak injury, but not good for Tua's draft status.

If Tua is done, bet the house on Auburn next week. Imo they have the best defense in the nation They will eat Mac jones alive. I
also believe they may beat Georgia today

The tackle didn’t look that bad. What I am wondering is if the reason Tua went down awkward and hurt his hip is if he was protecting his ankle.

The tackle didn’t look that bad. What I am wondering is if the reason Tua went down awkward and hurt his hip is if he was protecting his ankle.
I think it's absolutely reasonable to think that a player who's playing injured is going to, even subconsciously, do whatever they can to protect their injury. In doing so, you set yourself up for things like this to happen, IMO. If the hip injury is serious and sidelines him for the rest of the season and even has an effect on his draft stock, Saban deserves every bit of criticism he gets for leaving him in the game while knowing he was playing injured.

Probably never know for sure but seems likely, no? I didn't see the actual fall, we happened to turn back to check on the score just after. How did his nose get broken?

Seems that TUA is injury prone at this point. He's had 3 injuries in less than two years starting. Those injuries are not going to lessen in the N.F.L unless he changes his style of play. Hopefully Tua heals quickly.

Bo Jackson suffered a career ending injury on a routine tackle. it's football, freak injuries still occur

Well thanks for that. Lol. Old dog that I am, I have watched enough football and called enough games to know freak injuries happen.

That’s why I phrased my post as I did. It very well could have been a freak injury. But it is curious that Tua got hurt so bad on a routine looking tackle and if you watch the play carefully you can see him unnaturally tuck his right leg in on the tackle.

I think it quite possible he was doing that, consciously or unconsciously, to protect his ankle and in doing so landed unnaturally on his knee and jammed his hip.

When one plays with one injury they are often susceptible to another. I don’t know if it’s related or not. If I had to bet, I would say him protecting his ankle did change the way he went down.

could be. The body works that way, overcompensating when there is a weakness. Did Tua need to play this game? He wasnt a 100% last week and by the end the game he could barely walk. Why not rest him this week against MSU, giving him more time to heal and be 100% for the Auburn game?

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Well thanks for that. Lol. Old dog that I am, I have watched enough football and called enough games to know freak injuries happen.

That’s why I phrased my post as I did. It very well could have been a freak injury. But it is curious that Tua got hurt so bad on a routine looking tackle and if you watch the play carefully you can see him unnaturally tuck his right leg in on the tackle.

I think it quite possible he was doing that, consciously or unconsciously, to protect his ankle and in doing so landed unnaturally on his knee and jammed his hip.

When one plays with one injury they are often susceptible to another. I don’t know if it’s related or not. If I had to bet, I would say him protecting his ankle did change the way he went down.
Understood, I just question why Tua was even playing in this game. They only have Auburn left and then a 5 week rest for the
potential playoffs. Tuas ankle should have been fully healed at this time. I honestly believe the LSU loss put Saban in panic mode.
Tua couldn't put weight on the leg of the injured hip. That's never a good sign and shouldn't have happened in the first place

Now hearing on the radio that he was taken straight to the hospital

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom