Sabbath (1 Viewer)

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the first time in my life I finally have the opportunity to see Black Sabbath 2 weeks from Sunday at the Jiffy Lube Pavilion in Bristol, Va. For whatever reason, I was stationed all over the country and they never played anywhere I lived until now. This is their final tour and I'm thrilled to see them, minus Bill Ward (Wish he was there, too). I plan to wear a Saints hat and yell Who Dat as much as I can at these fair weather 'skins fans. I'm going with some old friends and I plan to get hammered and crash on their couch afterward. I already took that Monday off.

So with that said, has anyone seen them with Ozzy, post Ronnie? I loved many of the songs from when Ronnie was in the band (The Mob Rules, Sign of the Southern Cross, Heaven and Hell) and was curious if they play any now. Something tells me they don't.

I don't think it was Sabbath but Ozzy was terrible at Voodoo Fest.

Sabbath is one of my all time favorite bands. Sabbath is only really Sabbath with Ozzy, sorry. But years of drinking and drugging has finally caught up with Ozzy. I saw them last year and could barely understand what he was saying. I only understood because I knew the songs. Their mark on music will live forever, but they shouldn't be playing live anymore. It pains me to say that.....

They killed it...Sounded great. Ozzy was even somewhat coherent. I didn't understand everything he said, but his F bombs rang in clear. His singing was incredible.

BTW, a band called Rival Sons opened and they were really awesome. Kind of a bluesy, southern rock sound from Long Beach, Ca. Be sure to check them out. Great band. You won't hear me say that about a lot of openers.

Sabbath is one of my all time favorite bands. Sabbath is only really Sabbath with Ozzy, sorry. But years of drinking and drugging has finally caught up with Ozzy. I saw them last year and could barely understand what he was saying. I only understood because I knew the songs. Their mark on music will live forever, but they shouldn't be playing live anymore. It pains me to say that.....

Dio was pretty ****** awesome too

I saw Black Sabbath on the Heaven and Hell tour back many moons ago. We actually met Ronnie James Dio, Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, and Tony Iommi after the show when we ambushed them from a nearby parking lot as they were getting into their limo.

Dio was the one who saw us and told the limo driver "Hold up, we have some fans" He looked at me and my buddy and said "I saw you two down in the front row, and it looked like you were really enjoying the show" We can't believe it, we're 19 years old and just saw an awesome show with these rock & roll legends and here they are talking to the 5 of us like it's nothing.

Dio asked us if we camped out to get our tickets and when I said we did, he said "I am honored you would do that. I hope you feel you got your money's worth, because if you said you didn't I'd refund your money right here" then he asked us what we were doing in the world and when we said we were home from college on semester break he replied "Finish your school. That is so important to the rest of your life. No one can ever take your education from you. Once you've graduated, then follow your dreams"

It was just the 5 of us talking to the members of Black Sabbath. The other 3 were quiet but in no way aloof or standoffish, but Dio was the most talkative. Iommi and Butler took a beer we offered them and split it, laughing at the strength of Busch Beer, then said we needed to come to England and get some good porters and stouts. We talked to them for 10-15 minutes in the winter cold, then limo pulled forward, they wished us well and hopped in.

Great experience, really cool guys :rock:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom