Sack 'em, stack 'em: Cam Jordan continues to rack up sacks and climb Saints' all-time list (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1543104309009.png
Advocate staff photo by SCOTT THRELKELD

By Rod Walker | The Advocate

Cam Jordan didn't fire back with one of his usual quick-witted one-liners this time.

The mention of the name of the late Will Smith, whom Jordan tied for fourth on the Saints' all-time career sacks list Thursday night, briefly sent the usually entertaining Jordan into more serious interview mode.

"The big homie was there when I first got here, and he helped mentor me," Jordan said. "I looked up to the type of player he was at the time, being able to go to the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl and have 60-something sacks. When you look at the goals of what it takes to be a pro, that was him."

Jordan, in his eighth season, sacked Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan twice in Thursday night's 31-17 victory in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

He celebrated them both the same way he always does, moving his arms in a stacking motion, adding levels in the same way he is adding sacks to his already impressive resume.

He's now at 67.5, tying Smith, his teammate for three seasons from 2011-2013. ...

Full Story - The Advocate

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom