Sacked 62 times and you've got your team in the AFC CG (1 Viewer)

And people thought some of us were just being LSU homers about Joe Burrow.

No really..... the dude is special. For anyone who is surprised, welcome to what many of us knew in 2019
I suspected he'd have a good NFL career. Personally, I thought Burrow might be having this season 1-2 years from now since his team's owner isn't the smartest, wisest, most intelligent NFL owner. In fact, Ive kind of always seen Mike Brown as one of the worst owners in modern NFL history. He's cheap, extremely stubborn, obstinate, ex-Bengals greats like Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, and Corey Dillon have openly castigated and criticized his ownership style. Corey Dillon once famously.remarked he'd rather "flip burgers than play another down for the Bengals". Brown's so cheap he hasn't even built his team an indoor training facility(the only NFL team in the league with that distinction).

I'm nervous for Burrow because I'm concerned Mike Brown will fork up his career beyond recognition or drive him away permanently just like he did with Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton before him by not augmenting him with a decent supporting cast.

Last edited:
FIgured I check a few.

Brady has two 40+ sack seasons one was a Superbowl and one a run to the conference championship.
Wilson has 40+ sacks almost every season with many playoff appearances and some runs/Superbowls. Including one playoff appearance with 50+
Rothlisberger had a Superbowl and two playoff appearance with 40+ sacks. A lot of 40 sack seasons when he was younger mainly.
Rodgers has a few playoff appearances (two divisional appearances) with 40+ and 50+ sack seasons.
Manning, Mahomes and Brees have one 30+ sack season between the three of them.

That was regular season only, so to be fair Burrow would be at 50+ and a conference champ appearance so far.

So pretty unprecedented. None I've looked at made it that far with 50+ in the regular season. Especially considering the numbers he's putting up along with that.

Last edited:
I suspected he'd have a good NFL career. Personally, I thought Burrow might be having this season 1-2 years from now since his team's owner isn't the smartest, wisest, most intelligent NFL owner. In fact, Ive kind of always seen Mike Brown as one of the worst owners in modern NFL history. He's cheap, extremely stubborn, obstinate, ex-Bengals greats like Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, and Corey Dillon have openly castigated and criticized his ownership style. Corey Dillon once famously.remarked he'd rather "flip burgers than play another down for the Bengals". Brown's so cheap he hasn't even built his team an indoor training facility(the only NFL team in the league with that distinction).

I'm nervous for Burrow because I'm concerned Mike Brown will fork up his career beyond recognition or drive him away permanently just like he did with Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton before him by not augmenting him with a decent supporting cast.
I'm sure when the ether of this season wears off, Joe Burrow will never resign to play at Cincy. The NFL and the big tv market teams will see to that. His star burns to bright to waste there.

He has led them to 3 TDs in 2 games.
His team has kicked 8 field goals and his defense has been one of the best in the playoffs.
He's definitely good, but those are the definition of team wins.
Right now, Allen, Mahomes and Stafford are playing even better.

And people thought some of us were just being LSU homers about Joe Burrow.

No really..... the dude is special. For anyone who is surprised, welcome to what many of us knew in 2019
Well said.
you know that's for an entire career and both have played a very very long time?

obviously no relevance to the question that I posed
But he could be following the path of Brady success. So yes.

They spent $145mm in 2020 Free Agency and roughly $110mm plus in 2021. They acquired some solid foundation pieces in Burrow, Chase and Mixon. Added Hendrickson, Bell, Reader defensively.

Historically, he may have been cheap, but it appears that moniker doesnt apply any longer.

I would venture to guess that this offseason will be about solidifying the trenches. That will probably be the tell-tale sign that things are changing up in Cinci.

remains to be seen, but recent history suggests that things are turning in Cinci.

They spent $145mm in 2020 Free Agency and roughly $110mm plus in 2021. They acquired some solid foundation pieces in Burrow, Chase and Mixon. Added Hendrickson, Bell, Reader defensively.

Historically, he may have been cheap, but it appears that moniker doesnt apply any longer.

I would venture to guess that this offseason will be about solidifying the trenches. That will probably be the tell-tale sign that things are changing up in Cinci.

remains to be seen, but recent history suggests that things are turning in Cinci.
oh they are gonna get the line fixed, now that they know they have a generational talent at quarterback

He has led them to 3 TDs in 2 games.
His team has kicked 8 field goals and his defense has been one of the best in the playoffs.
He's definitely good, but those are the definition of team wins.
Right now, Allen, Mahomes and Stafford are playing even better.
Have you watched the human turnstiles masquerading as an Offensive line in front of him? That he gets his team in position to score is miraculous. Heck, that they don't go three and out every drive is somewhat amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom