Sad News--- "MCA" of The Beastie Boys reported dead at 47 (1 Viewer)

Damn that sucks. RIP MCA.

The best white rappers to ever grace the planet! You will be missed MCA. RIP.

Paul's Boutique is their best album

followed closely by Check Your Head

I actually agree with you there. I think License to Ill had more commercial success, but track for track Paul's Boutique had better music. However I would put Check Your Head, closely behind Paul's Boutique, and Ill Communications neck and neck with it.

Ill communications had a lot of good tracks outside of Sabatoge. I think rootdown just as much as I do any other song when I think Beastie Boys.

Man (thinking their music over), they had some good stuff.

I actually agree with you there. I think License to Ill had more commercial success, but track for track Paul's Boutique had better music. However I would put Check Your Head, closely behind Paul's Boutique, and Ill Communications neck and neck with it.

Ill communications had a lot of good tracks outside of Sabatoge. I think rootdown just as much as I do any other song when I think Beastie Boys.

Man (thinking their music over), they had some good stuff.

Ill Communication homie! That was their crossover into the alternative world which exposed them to a larger audience, Sabotage kicked that all off. Loved Flute Loop, loved the flute sample.

Bet ya'll don't remember Pollywog Stew though, that was the Beasties in punk rock form. I remember skating and listening to that jawn. Those were the days.

"Like Ma Bell, I got the Ill Communication, like maaaa bell I got the Ill communication"

Sad day for hip-hop man.

"Pass the mic"

"Car thief" best song they did

I have been listening to their catalog since a half hour after this sunk in.

Do yourself a favor and listen to their stuff today. It is amazing how these guys covered so many different styles.

That sucks. Saw them once and proceeded to collect Beastie Boys bootlegs. Had some great stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom