Sad Songs (1 Viewer)

When somebody asked Jimmy Hendrix what it feels like to the greatest guitar player in the world Hendrix said "I don't know, you'd have to ask Gary Moore."
Hendrix was a very modest man and sorely missed. He also told Peter Cetera his guitar player
Terry Kath was better than me.

I heard an interview with Jimmy Page recently. He was asked who the best guitar player was.
Page said when we were coming of age in the 60's all of us wanted to be Ritchie Blackmore.
Page said no one could touch him when it came to a solo.

Hendrix was a very modest man and sorely missed. He also told Peter Cetera his guitar player

I heard an interview with Jimmy Page recently. He was asked who the best guitar pley was.
Page said when we were coming of age in the 60's all of us wanted to be Ritchie Blackmore.
I'll have to see if I can find him on YT or something.

edit: Just checked. I knew of him, just didn't know the name.

I heard an interview with Jimmy Page recently. He was asked who the best guitar player was.
Jimmy Page is someone who's very generous when it comes to other great musicians he praises but I think I can speak for most people and rock fans who lived from the late 60's to early 80's that its good for Page's mental/emotional health that he never worked, full-time, with Blackmore in any major musical projects, much less Purple or Rainbow albums because most of Blackmore's colleagues have labeled him arrogant, difficult, and over-bearing to work with. Some ex-Purple bandmates haven't talked or seen him for decades, like Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Blackmore even once said one day he might attack Gillan in a back-alley and since he was taller and a better then him, he'll hire some Swedish goons and they'll wear masks while beating him up so Gillan won't know its him. It's a mutual hatred society. Blackmore managed to get himself kicked out of the band twice in different decades, the first in 1975, then in late 1993 after a gig in Helsinki, Finland. The bitterness and rancor has gotten so bad that the current Purple incarnation has gone to great lengths to dissociate their history from Blackmore.

Then again, Page had some tough, strong dependable guys and managers to rely on if Blackmore had one of his infamous, historical frightening "blow-up" moments like John Bonham, a man who gained his powerful strength, wrist action, endurance, and innovative drumming from once working in a rock quarry as a teenager, liked to introduce himself to friends and complete strangers in bars by grabbing them by their testicals, beat up one of Bill Graham's employees to a bloody pulp after a 1977 Oakland Coliseum gig when this employee slapped Zeppelin manager, Peter Grant's son, in the face. Peter Grant and Zep's tour manager, Richard Helms, supposedly had ties to the British underworld of the 1960's and 70's and also the Gambino crime family in New York.

Glen Porter died of an accidental(?) fentanyl overdose shortly after finding his wife drowned in the bathtub.

Oh, oh take me back
To the dream
That life has been
Just once
Answer my prayer
Take away all the fear
And let me fall asleep

Let me fall asleep
Fall asleep

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

She will never return
Never again
Be part of what is lost
Felt so secure
Just adored
As it is getting oh so cold
It was getting cold
Getting cold

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

So hard to say goodbye

You'll have to let it go
So hard to say goodbye

W

Oh, oh take me back
To the dream
That life has been
Just once
Answer my prayer
Take away all the fear
And let me fall asleep

Let me fall asleep
Fall asleep

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

She will never return
Never again
Be part of what is lost
Felt so secure
Just adored
As it is getting oh so cold
It was getting cold
Getting cold

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

So hard to say goodbye

You'll have to let it go
So hard to say goodbye

When I was a child, I had a fleeting glimpse, my hands felt like two balloons, you are only coming through in waves

I mean, your lips are moving, but I can't really make out what he, them or you are saying. I know now from the corner of my eyes, I have become completely, totally and comfortably Numb....

Because there still is no pain yet I'm receiving, no ships, cruisers, or destroyers smoke' out on the horizon, when I turned to look at maybe some of them, they were all gone, the child is gone, the dream is lost..

I...have become Comfortably Numb... (meaningful yet sad, melancholy chorus arrangement continues on with maybe David Gilmour's finest, most eloquent, powerful series of guitar solos ever attempted or achieved of any Floyd song or record, ever, except for perhaps some of his harder-edged, sort of mini-punk, vicious, extended guitar riffs on Animals like "Dogs", " Pigs".)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom