Sad Story of the Fall of a Great Football Player (1 Viewer)

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
When in college, Keith McCants was a Crimson Tide legend. So when the Tampa Bay Bucs were in need of a linebacker, they made him the 4th overall pick in the 1990 NFL draft, he was cut after the 1992 season. He was totally lost in the NFL and played three more seasons for the Houston Oilers and the Arizona Cards. Oh, the fifth pick in the 1990draft was made by San Diego who also needed a linebacker, they selected some guy from USC named Junior Seau.
-------------
Here is the latest from McCants:
Prichard, AL police have arrested former NFL and University of Alabama football star Keith McCants.
According to police, McCants was loitering in a business parking lot on Highway 45 Friday night, along with two women who were attempting to flag down motorists.
When officers confronted McCants, he became hostile and refused to drop a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and a crack pipe. Police say he threw the items, almost hitting an officer in the head.
McCants was tasered, arrested and booked into Prichard City Jail and charged with loitering, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Prichard Police did not provide any information on the two women with McCants, saying it was part of an on-going investigation.
Back in February, Mobile Police arrested McCants at a vacant house on State Street and charged him with loitering and possession of drug paraphernalia.
McCants was born in Mobile and played football at Murphy High School and the University of Alabama. He was drafted in 1990 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and played 6 years in the NFL.
Read More:
Former Bama Star Tasered, Arrested - Mobile Alabama News AL Pensacola Florida News FL

purvis, I know a former teammate of Mccants. He lives across the way in my neighborhood, he told me that Mccants got the big head after leaving Alabama, in essence he became selfish and self centered when he left Alabama in 1992. He was a great college player but he was not cut out for the NFL in any way shape of form. this neighbor of mine also said he got in with some shady people and I too read in an article that mentioned him giving money to agents that screwed him and took all of his money as a result. He invested in shaky business deals and got bad advice for other business ventures. so this does not surprise me to see this fall of a great football player in college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom