Sad to say it after the great run ... (1 Viewer)

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score
But, it is what it is. Brees's Super Bowl window is done. The League has had it in for the Saints since Bountygate, which was all BS anyway. But, Drew's days of deep runs into the playoffs are over, at least with this team. The only way he wins a Super Bowl next year is if he's playing on a team with the best defense in the NFL, not top 5 ... I mean, THE Best.

I say this because he cannot get the ball deep enough to put fear into the safeties anymore, not on the elite defenses. And, those are the ones you're going to have to go through to get to the Super Bowl. He's looking at the same last couple seasons of his career as Joe Montana had. He can go to another team that's right on the cusp of a division championship and get the benefit of an easier schedule and QB that team to the playoffs. But, he will not ever again go deep into the playoffs.

Trust me. Sean Payton sees this no matter what he may say in the next few weeks publicly. When he let Taysom Hill stay in the game for 1st down today and throw a deep ball to Harris, that was all the proof you need that he sees it, too. Then, what happens on Brees's next possession? He comes in and forces a deep ball into double coverage and it's picked, setting up a short field TD for the Vikes. You could see it in Brees's eyes when he watched Hill throw the bomb. He was thinking, I'm going to go back in there and show them that I can still do it. But, he can't.

There's the thumb issue. And, sure that can be blamed. But, if the thumb was a problem, why didn't a healthy Bridgewater get a shot?

We'll see how it plays out over the offseason. But, I think it's over. Brees is done as a Saint.

But, it is what it is. Brees's Super Bowl window is done. The League has had it in for the Saints since Bountygate, which was all BS anyway. But, Drew's days of deep runs into the playoffs are over, at least with this team. The only way he wins a Super Bowl next year is if he's playing on a team with the best defense in the NFL, not top 5 ... I mean, THE Best.

I say this because he cannot get the ball deep enough to put fear into the safeties anymore, not on the elite defenses. And, those are the ones you're going to have to go through to get to the Super Bowl. He's looking at the same last couple seasons of his career as Joe Montana had. He can go to another team that's right on the cusp of a division championship and get the benefit of an easier schedule and QB that team to the playoffs. But, he will not ever again go deep into the playoffs.

Trust me. Sean Payton sees this no matter what he may say in the next few weeks publicly. When he let Taysom Hill stay in the game for 1st down today and throw a deep ball to Harris, that was all the proof you need that he sees it, too. Then, what happens on Brees's next possession? He comes in and forces a deep ball into double coverage and it's picked, setting up a short field TD for the Vikes. You could see it in Brees's eyes when he watched Hill throw the bomb. He was thinking, I'm going to go back in there and show them that I can still do it. But, he can't.

There's the thumb issue. And, sure that can be blamed. But, if the thumb was a problem, why didn't a healthy Bridgewater get a shot?

We'll see how it plays out over the offseason. But, I think it's over. Brees is done as a Saint.
Did you even pay attention to the last 7 games of the regular season? 23 TDs, 1 Int.

Drew Brees is still the best QB in the NFL.

Its certainly over if Payton can’t coach and game plan with Brees the way he did with Teddy.

Ran 54 plays 34 were passes like 60-61% pass under a strong rush.

Lost TOP by almost 10 minutes.

17 rushes only 5 by Murray, who wasn't what you would call “stopped”.

Still putting the balance on the back of his QB.

Last edited:

Thank the good Lord somebody else on here can face reality and has the courage to call a spade ♠ a spade!

Brees scares ZERO Playoff Teams...

Noodle Arm now coupled with Noodle Legs....

It looks downright embarrassing for him that he can’t stay upright or avoid elite pressure anymore.

Why folks don’t Identify that Brees checks outta more runs to 3 yard dink and dunk passes that go nowhere?!?!

BREES IS CHANGING THE PLAYS ALL THE TIME FOLKS!!!

Its certainly over if Payton can’t coach and game plan with Brees the way he did with Teddy.

Ran 54 plays 34 were passes like 60-61% pass under a strong rush.

Lost TOP by almost 10 minutes.

17 rushes only 5 by Murray, who waant what you would call “stopped”.

Still putting the balance on the back of his QB.
He never trusted Murray.

Even after Murray was so pivotal in the 2 games Kamara missed.

Why this is no one will ever know.

This next week and off season is going to very interesting.

Thank the good Lord somebody else on here can face reality and has the courage to call a spade ♠ a spade!

Brees scares ZERO Playoff Teams...

Noodle Arm now coupled with Noodle Legs....

It looks downright embarrassing for him that he can’t stay upright or avoid elite pressure anymore.

Why folks don’t Identify that Brees checks outta more runs to 3 yard dink and dunk passes that go nowhere?!?!

BREES IS CHANGING THE PLAYS ALL THE TIME FOLKS!!!
Would line to know the stats on what he is changing at the line and changing from to...

To Minnesota’s credit, they did move Hunter to the middle on some plays, so Drew couldn’t step up. At that point, should’ve run Murray to make Zimmer change his attack. They hoped SP would do what he always does. Forced him to pass with lack of receiving options. Played right into their hands. With that being said, there is no gameplan to stop Taysom Hill. That dude is an opposing team’s worst nightmare, other than Lamar Jackson. Without him, we get blown out in embarrassing fashion. And I’m not even advocating benching Drew. I just would have liked to see a few drives with Taysom and Murray as the focal points. Would have eaten time up and beat that defense up

I agree with a lot of this. I wish I didn’t, because Brees is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Saints, but I agree with a lot of this assessment.

The things Drew does really well are neutralized in the playoffs because he can’t get the ball deep. Now the issue today was protection but it isn’t a stretch to see how poorly thrown his pick was into double coverage and how effortlessly Hill flicked a pass 50 yds. Also Hills game translates more to the current evolution of the league — mobile hybrid QBs.

Not saying Taysom is the answer going forward, just that what Brees does can only take us so far unless we have the 86 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2015 Broncos defense.

The defenses keep the safeties up because they know he can’t make the long throws anymore. The safeties closer to the line limits the intermediate passing game and there’s no way to run back time and make his arm capable of those 35-45 yd chunk plays.

To Minnesota’s credit, they did move Hunter to the middle on some plays, so Drew couldn’t step up. At that point, should’ve run Murray to make Zimmer change his attack. They hoped SP would do what he always does. Forced him to pass with lack of receiving options. Played right into their hands. With that being said, there is no gameplan to stop Taysom Hill. That dude is an opposing team’s worst nightmare, other than Lamar Jackson. Without him, we get blown out in embarrassing fashion. And I’m not even advocating benching Drew. I just would have liked to see a few drives with Taysom and Murray as the focal points. Would have eaten time up and beat that defense up

Without Taysom Hill in at QB, it was embarrassing. Here's where it gets worse. You know that if it's this obvious to the fans, the players are talking about it. How long before the locker room is divided? That's what happens in a QB controversy. How many players are thinking, man, we were undefeated and beat some good teams with Teddy.

Murray should have been the workhorse this year after it became obvious around Week 4 that Kamara had turned into Alvin Two Yards.

Our best chance to win next year is Bridgewater and at least 50% Murray at tailback. Our defense and special teams are very good. A QB that can throw the deep ball will make the elite defenses back off. That will open up the running lanes and the short and middle stuff will be easier to run. Today the defense choked down on our offense.

Did you even pay attention to the last 7 games of the regular season? 23 TDs, 1 Int.

Drew Brees is still the best QB in the NFL.
Once those aging signs kick in for these HOF QBs it’s over. It’s sudden, they just fall off a cliff. He couldn’t evade a rush up the middle. They wouldn’t have done that if he was slightly a rushing threat. He couldn’t get Michael Thomas in the game. He’s too proud to see his own limitations. All we needed was run down the clock and we have a lead going into halftime.
He needs to look at himself honestly and not hurt the team. Maybe he could push it one season but we have other contracts to fulfill and Payton is signed for 5 more.

He’s done so much for us but maybe it’s time to hang em up and spend time with his family.

Honestly, last week I was saying he has two more seasons. But after this game, one of the biggest in his career and he was a liability. We’ve seen it with Manning, Favre and other QBs. They just don’t have it all of a sudden.

Without Taysom Hill in at QB, it was embarrassing. Here's where it gets worse. You know that if it's this obvious to the fans, the players are talking about it. How long before the locker room is divided? That's what happens in a QB controversy. How many players are thinking, man, we were undefeated and beat some good teams with Teddy.

Murray should have been the workhorse this year after it became obvious around Week 4 that Kamara had turned into Alvin Two Yards.

Our best chance to win next year is Bridgewater and at least 50% Murray at tailback. Our defense and special teams are very good. A QB that can throw the deep ball will make the elite defenses back off. That will open up the running lanes and the short and middle stuff will be easier to run. Today the defense choked down on our offense.
Sorry. I agree Brees has some limitations but winning with Teddy has nothing to do with anything he can do better than Brees. What happened was the defense stepped up and SP game planned well. That’s what happened. So if you have Brees in there and the D actually plays well, you win. Not to mention let’s block a little.

Sorry. I agree Brees has some limitations but winning with Teddy has nothing to do with anything he can do better than Brees. What happened was the defense stepped up and SP game planned well. That’s what happened. So if you have Brees in there and the D actually plays well, you win. Not to mention let’s block a little.

I agree with the defense stepped up and Payton called a better game. The reason is because the offense was different. It was not the same offense he calls with Brees. The one thing that Teddy can do better than Brees right now is the thing that hurt them today. Teddy can throw the deep ball still. Brees can't. I hope you can see that. It's reality. When you have a QB that can't throw the deep ball, you have to call a different game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom