Sad to say that .. (1 Viewer)

I agree OP. I think lose Monday and it's the beginning of the end for Payton.

Sad to say that... when people title their threads like this, they're typically just seeking attention for an idea that's not even worth discussing.

Records are set... to be broken.

"There has NEVER been a team to lose the last three games of the regular season and go on to win the Super Bowl."

To Negative Nancy, Pessimistic Paul & Debbie Downer: Any of you know which team broke THAT record?

:gosaints:

Yeah a team who had rattled off 13 wins in a row before they laid down after the Cowboys game to get ready for the playoffs. Not even remotely close to the same thing as this team going 0-4 in the preseason and 0-2 in the regular season without ever looking competitive on both sides of the ball.

We are due for a big win Monday night

What we do after that in San Diego and after the bye will be another story
I cannot envision a scenario in which a Drew Brees led team doesn't put their best foot forward in his most likely only shot ever to beat the Chargers in San Diego.

duh:aargh:

If we lose Monday night we might as well kiss this season goodbye, going 0-3 will absolutely put the nail in the coffin for the saints.

In other news, water is wet. The sun is hot, and Shaq is tall.

Records are set... to be broken.

"There has NEVER been a team to lose the last three games of the regular season and go on to win the Super Bowl."

To Negative Nancy, Pessimistic Paul & Debbie Downer: Any of you know which team broke THAT record?

:gosaints:

A team that the first 13 weeks of the season scored at will and when the going got tough found ways to win, whereas so far the 2016 team has found ways to lose.

Zero interest in moral victories anymore.

We beat ATL twice ALONG WITH DALLAS last season (2 things which always bring me great joy)...........and last season basically sucked. In 2012 after we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right before the game @ Dallas.......I remember thinking "oh well, this can be my SB this season if we beat Dallas". Well, after 3 out of 4 seasons of 7-9, that shtick gets old after a while.

Anything short of a wild card berth (or division title if the NFC South unexpectedly sucks ala 2014) is not a "good season". That doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to cherry-pick some things I enjoyed from the season.....just like I can from last season. But I would never call 2015 a "good season" just because we swept the Falcons, nor would I do the same if it happened again this season.

When I started out as a Saints fan, there were only two games that mattered. That was back in the 70's. Though I was around for the 60's, I was too young.

Beat ATL twice, and whatever else, I'm happy.

I think some people don't remember what it was like. We were so bad, for so long. Younger fans may not get that.

Always love how people have to preface their statements all dramatically...

"Hate it say it, but" < --- And yet, the person can't wait to log in and type whatever it is they ABSOLUTELY HATE to say...

"Sad to say" < ---- And yet, despite the intense misery it causes, the person is a brave warrior for fighting back the tears and typing their statement. They should be given a Purple Heart. :jpshakehead:
They're just so brave to tell us deluded types the truth. Because they and only they see the truth.

Truly, they are the forgotten heroes of history.

Unless we go on a surprising winning streak, then 0-2 is enough to tell the tale.

When I started out as a Saints fan, there were only two games that mattered. That was back in the 70's. Though I was around for the 60's, I was too young.

Beat ATL twice, and whatever else, I'm happy.

I think some people don't remember what it was like. We were so bad, for so long. Younger fans may not get that.

I have no reason to be content with mediocrity just because the team sucked 40-plus years ago. No, I wasn't around for those eras, but I did watch them stumble and bumble around in the latter-Mora years and Ditka years. Not to mention the post-2000 Jim "8-8" Haslett years.

As far as beating a team twice and saying everything else is just gravy..........do you get any particular satisfaction out of the fact that the Saints beat the 2002 SB Champion Bucs twice? Hardly any non-Saint fan can tell you anything about the 2002 Saints, but the Bucs will forever be remembered for that season...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom