Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Evidently they were out of cake.

Saddam sentenced to death by hanging
Authorities brace for potential violence following announcement
BREAKING NEWS
Updated: 4 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq
- Iraq's High Tribunal found Saddam Hussein guilty of crimes against humanity on Sunday and sentenced him to die by hanging. His half-brother, Barzan Ibrahim, was also sentenced to death by hanging.

Former vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan was sentenced to life in prison Sunday as verdicts were issued in the deposed Iraqi leader's trial.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/

Iraqi reaction and election effects should be interesting.

GUILTY!!! Word is the Iraqi government will execute Saddam and his cohorts with a public hanging. I'm not a big proponent of the death penalty but in Saddam's case I'll make an exception. They way I look at it, if you're going to have a death penalty do it in public. Otherwise what's the point? I can't wait to see that on youtube. I doubt very seriously that CNN or Fox News will show video footage of his actual execution. See you in Hell Saddam.

They way I look at it, if you're going to have a death penalty do it in public. Otherwise what's the point?

The point of an execution is that it is punishment for something you did, not entertainment. Yes, I have heard the determent argument, but usually someone's fate doesn't deter others for doing the same thing.

In any case, I'm glad that this charade that was costing us a lot of cash is over. We obvioulsy had to stage it to make us feel we were imparting justice - which in the case of old Saddam, as it is with any petty tyrant, there really is no way to impart. A bullet through the head would've done nicely a couple of years ago and we would've saved a lot.

GUILTY!!! Word is the Iraqi government will execute Saddam and his cohorts with a public hanging. I'm not a big proponent of the death penalty but in Saddam's case I'll make an exception. They way I look at it, if you're going to have a death penalty do it in public. Otherwise what's the point? I can't wait to see that on youtube. I doubt very seriously that CNN or Fox News will show video footage of his actual execution. See you in Hell Saddam.

I'll be anxious to see whether any of the Arab Network news agencies will televise this extraordinarily newsworthy event, much like they televise videotaped beheadings of infidels by Jihadis, or whether there is some Islamic "fatwah" that prevents such media coverage of Muslim executions...

Stay tuned......

The point of an execution is that it is punishment for something you did, not entertainment.

Where the heck did you get that idea? Didn't you watch "Braveheart"?

In particular, public executions of deposed national leaders are high drama and spectacle with vendors selling little nooses to the vengeful masses.

For some reason i thought about the possibility of him losing his head due to a long rope......

picw02.jpg

Public execution of England's Charles I. Crowd estimate: 50,000.

frexecut.jpg

Public execution of France's Louis XVI

Then Charles Sanson, the executioner, strapped him down and pulled the rope. Louis' head fell off into a basket. Sanson's son picked up the head to the shouts coming from the crowd of "Vive la Nation! Vive la République!" The execution was over, and afterwards people dipped their handkerchiefs in the blood of the king.

My guess is 20 years after he commits crimes against humanity, but after a 14 year snubbing of UN mandates followed by a country invading ours and removing him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom