Safe Driver Discount (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fork Safe Driver Discount!!!

The safe driver discount is why there are people driving 5 miles BELOW the speed limit everywhere I go (even on the highway!)

Do people need to save 80 dollars that badly??!!

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

The safe driver discount is why there are people driving 5 miles BELOW the speed limit everywhere I go (even on the highway!)

People need to drive slower (and better) overall anyway. And that stupid discount isn't necessarily why they are doing it.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

you cracked the case - we thought no one would ever figure it out *sad face*

Reaction score

Have you tried deep breaths and accepting that other people are just as entitled to use public roadways as they see for within the rules of safety? I mean it is a speed limit not minimum. Driving 5 mph under in many cases is safer, more fuel efficient, and the same amount of time. Consider that catching 1 light blows the entire time gained by speeding so timing it right where you don't stop for the light just means you don't turn gasoline into heat via the brakes.

Seriously, try it and see. I've been laughed at for the suggestion but the only person I know that actually tried found out it's true and he traveled ~45 miles one way. Once he learned to semi hypermile his time was the same but he started saving enough gas to pay the note of an new car and ditch his old t truck he'd wanted to for a few years but couldn't afford.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My Mini downshifts too hard to get the safe driver discount ... it registers as hard braking.

Of course, the rest of my driving style makes up the other 80% of the reason.

Reaction score
My Mini downshifts too hard to get the safe driver discount ... it registers as hard braking.

Of course, the rest of my driving style makes up the other 80% of the reason.
The State Farm system is a bit too sensitive IMHO. It sometimes registers as hard acceleration when I just use cruise control resume. Corners and braking are even worse.

Reaction score
I know the Progressive safe driving thing you got to plug in and drains the life out your car battery. Then I learned I live in the State of Louisiana. Insurance will be high regardless.

Reaction score

80 dollars? lol. I'm saving well over $500 a year.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That commercial where the guy drives without spilling the cup on the roof--yup that's how you have to drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom