Safe to say this game is the biggest of the season (1 Viewer)

This IS the biggest game of the year.

I really think we put a whipping on the Falcons. Beat Washington soundly, and jump up and suprise Big Bill and the Cowboys. I think Payton and several Saints have something to prove there. Word here in Dallas is that Payton had urged Parcells the last two years to give Romo a shot. I think if anyone can disect Romo and find his and the Cowboys weaknesses, its Payton and Gary Gibbs.

The game that I am starting to worry about is San Fran.

Botom line, I think we definitely will be in the Playoffs at 9-7 and have a great shot at beating Carolina for the Division title. Oh how I wish I could be in the dome for that!

We win this one and it's 9-7 at the worst, I'm saying 10-6.

We lose and it's the "I can't believe it happened again, 8-8" season.

We win this one and it's 9-7 at the worst, I'm saying 10-6.

We lose and it's the "I can't believe it happened again, 8-8" season.

Agreed.

I predicted 9-7 at the beginning of the year. It may happen, but I'd prefer something better. Although looking at the remaining schedule (for NFC teams), it's very likely an 8-8 team sneaks in.

Last edited:
10-6 was my high end 6-10 low end preseason prediction. Right now I think 10-6 is probable and with a little luck and a few good bounces 11-5 is still possible. But I'd be ill with 12-4 and a bye.

Right now I'd agree somewhat with that. I want to stay away from playoff talk but... our road map is beat Atlanta, Washington, and San Fran and then be ready to play for all the marbles in the season finale. Pull out one against Dallas or NY along with some losses from Carolina and we can get the illustrious BYE. But way ahead of myself here. Beat Atlanta is always big. this week is huge. But my motto is "The biggest game of the season is always the next one!!"

Exactly. This game is huge but next game is more important. Then the game after that is more important than the last one. With the last game being the most important of them all.

A win would almost secure a playoff spot. If he win, we are 2 games ahead of the Falcons plus the tiebreaker (won both games against them). This means that Falcons in the final 5 games needs to record 3 more wins than us... that is not going to happen.
Finishing ahead of the Falcons should give a playoff spot. If we don't win the division, we would look very good for a WildCard spot. North and West should not get a WildCard, so second place in South should do it.

On the other hand if we looses, we are dead even with Falcons. We also have a slightly tougher schedule and 3 straight looses would be tough to recover from.

This is a playoff game folks. If we win, we are in the postseason. If we looses, it would be very, very hard.

Man what is up with all this crazy talk of it being a "must" win, and playoff talk? All of this "so what we lost to an AFC team so it didn't hurt us" talk! A loss is a loss people they all count in the loss column. Folks the Saints are in serious trouble unless they do something about the turnovers & find some relief for our miserable secondary. Take a look around folks the 49ers stand at 5-5, so is Philly, & Atlanta. There are numerous 4-6 teams that could string together some wins to make it very, very interesting down the stretch. The Saints should and better be in desperation mode vs the Falcons. Lets all wait until around week #12 and see where the Saints are in the win column before we even say it. Playoffs, I highly doubt it unless the TO problem is solved along with the secondary problems. I also hope that Payton will revise his gameplan and run the football more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom