Safer NOLA (Legalize NOLA Marijuana) (1 Viewer)

Not really. There's great music being made right now. And it will last.

But it isn't on your pop radio - if that's where you're looking for it.

True, I should've stated mainstream. There's plenty good out there but you have to search for it. Some of it is coming to light. Independents. The lumineers are a pretty good band.

Does this really need to be answered? Really? I don't need to ask myself those questions. It's known that if made legal the government cannot control something so easily grown. Every pot user would grow their own "garden" rather than paying for it at a pharmacy or convenient store.
Because so many people grow their own tobacco and distill their own alcohol.

i was looking into the buying a copper still, man i didn't realize how expensive they can be. no wonder the moonshiners make them out of trash.

Does this really need to be answered? Really? I don't need to ask myself those questions. It's known that if made legal the government cannot control something so easily grown. Every pot user would grow their own "garden" rather than paying for it at a pharmacy or convenient store.

Right, just like everyone grows their own tomatoes instead of buying them from a grocery store. And tobacco for their cigarettes as well. The majority of people WILL pay for convenience.

And yes, those questions do need to be answered if you want to know the truth.

And the medicinal purposes of tobacco is? For one smoking marijuana is not as healthily as everyone thinks. It's got 3-5 times the amount of tar, and if your genetic make up is susceptible to cancer then you're likely to develop lung cancer from smoking it. You want healthy with it? Eat it.

How much revenue does the court system generate from smuggling? From fines? Lawyers, ect? They legalize it, and that lost revenue will come out of something else which I rather not see. Yes some may buy it, but we're talking different drugs here. The amount of ppl that smoke that are pretty infatuated with the plant from what I've witnessed. I'd imagine it would be convenient.

And the medicinal purposes of tobacco is? For one smoking marijuana is not as healthily as everyone thinks. It's got 3-5 times the amount of tar, and if your genetic make up is susceptible to cancer then you're likely to develop lung cancer from smoking it. You want healthy with it? Eat it.

How much revenue does the court system generate from smuggling? From fines? Lawyers, ect? They legalize it, and that lost revenue will come out of something else which I rather not see. Yes some may buy it, but we're talking different drugs here. The amount of ppl that smoke that are pretty infatuated with the plant from what I've witnessed. I'd imagine it would be convenient.
I don't really think it's an issue of health. Obviously there are medicinal values, but I think the majority of use would be recreational. There would be people with a much better means to cultivate mass amounts and distribute it at a price that would likely compete with anyone that chose to grow their own stash. Pretty simple supply and demand, really.

I don't disagree that money has played a huge role in keeping marijuana illegal, however.

I don't really think it's an issue of health. Obviously there are medicinal values, but I think the majority of use would be recreational. There would be people with a much better means to cultivate mass amounts and distribute it at a price that would likely compete with anyone that chose to grow their own stash. Pretty simple supply and demand, really.

I don't disagree that money has played a huge role in keeping marijuana illegal, however.

I agree with you. It has a ton of medicinal value. More so than some of the junk they push towards us now a days which is sad. And yes I'm pretty sure the amount of legal growers would dramatically decrease over time if they performed what you've said for the general public to grab. My thing is, they need to ban tobacco if they would do this and swap the penalties over towards its use because of the amount of hidden revenue over it. Especially in the medical industry. Smoking cigarettes produces an enormous amount of health issues which increase premiums on Ins as well as hospitalization and such.

I listened to that song. Not sure what the artist is trying to convey...

You're not sure what the artist is trying to convey?

...and Superchuck, that 30 year old track is considered a classic in many a circle. I believe the great Lee Scratch Perry was behind it. Where is your groove man?

As for the petition, I honestly never thought I'd see one on this scale in NOLA. There are TV ads for it as well.

It will never be legal. The war on drugs wasn't meant to be won. If they did legalize weed and put it to good use like they try to do with cancer patients, it would cripple their pharmaceutical monopoly, as well as many other things that the elite use to run their ponzi scheme.

...and Superchuck, that 30 year old track is considered a classic in many a circle. I believe the great Lee Scratch Perry was behind it. Where is your groove man?

I hear ya - it's a deep groove.

I think it's been too long since I have smoked weed. Damn laws.

On the greater debate, I really don't think the "medicinal" angle is best argument. Sure, it is valuable and allows for incremental gains. Certainly it's legitimate and marijuana clearly gives relief to many forms of illness where conventional medicine falls short. The medicinal value is tremendous for many people.

But I think the better argument for the ultimate goal is that it's okay if marijuana has a recreational use. Notions about addiction and gateway drugs are simply unfounded and ill-conceived. And when you perform a weighted analysis of the costs (not just financial) of continued criminalization against legalization, I just can't see how the answer isn't clear.

By no means does criminalization keep the product away from the consumer. Most of us could get weed in a day or two if we wanted and a great many of us could get it in an hour or two. (And then there's the whole craziness going on with "sythetics" that is just so unfortunate IMO). But for as generally innocuous as weed and weed users are, the criminal infrastructure behind the supply chain has some real ugliness to it. It's just unnecessary.

Tell yah what man it takes some money to grow the same stuff they would sell in a pharmacy. ballasts, lights and room plus the enourmous lightbill every month would cost more than most pot smokers would be willing to spend unless they sold it to said pharmacies... which in time they would lol. Then you'd have people with actual businesses growing and selling it for their cashcrop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom