Sagarin before and after Packer pounding. (1 Viewer)

Inappropriate Language/Remarks
MIT graduate. Seems to have some traction analyzing this kind of stuff to the point of making money with it.

I don't know him. Regardless, I know what I think. I'm just an idiot who's been watching football for nearly 50 years. SAINTS kicked arse. Look out NFL.
  • Saints swept Tom Brady last year, in humiliating fashion, in his SuperBowl winning season.
  • Saints benched Aaron Rodgers this year, in humiliating fashion, reigning MVP.
No one saw this coming. Saints are for real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Wk 1 we were 11th. I figured we would move up significantly, but we leapfrogged EVERYONE and moved up to the top spot.

It's early and there were a handful of good offensive performances in Week 1, a few better than ours. However, besides maybe the Cardinals going sack crazy, the Saints really had the lone great defensive game against a good team.

I tried to build an argument in my head against being #1, because I'd rather be an underdog, but maybe another week.

MIT graduate. Seems to have some traction analyzing this kind of stuff to the point of making money with it.

I don't know him. Regardless, I know what I think. I'm just an idiot who's been watching football for nearly 50 years. SAINTS kicked as$. Look out NFL.
  • Saints swept Tom Brady last year, in humiliating fashion, in his SuperBowl winning season.
That's the thing, we have to do it when it counts, we have to beat them in the playoffs. Regular season is nice but the playoffs/championship is where it matters. I know Jared Cook and the lack of Drew's arm was a big reason why we didn't but we have to win in the playoffs which is why I keep saying we have to get over the hump there and win.

I don't know him. Regardless, I know what I think. I'm just an idiot who's been watching football for nearly 50 years. SAINTS kicked as$. Look out NFL.
This is all grand for fans to chew on. But aside from these facts, it got the Saints nothing. If they go 17-0, and lose in the playoffs, it was a successful season, but disappointing season as well. i’d rather go 9-8 and win the Superbowl, rather than going 17-0, skunking Brady twice, and then losing in the playoffs.

This is all grand for fans to chew on. But aside from these facts, it got the Saints nothing. If they go 17-0, and lose in the playoffs, it was a successful season, but disappointing season as well. i’d rather go 9-8 and win the Superbowl, rather than going 17-0, skunking Brady twice, and then losing in the playoffs.
This time, we won't be going to the playoffs with a QB with a punctured lung and 500 shattered ribs, whilst being screwed out of our bye week.

This time, we won't be going to the NFC Championship and get a no-call DPI that's so obvious children on Mars spotted it. Because it can't happen twice, not like that.

We've been in the playoffs, we've advanced in the playoffs. We've just been screwed by things outside our control.

Yeah, I don’t look at this as a prediction of future games, its a power ranking of games already played, so I agree, they still have to get it done for it to mean anything, but its interesting fodder IMHO, that we jumped all the way from 11 to 1 based on that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom