Saint Ace's 1st Round Saints Big Board (1 Viewer)

This will create the same debate as the previous thread due to LF being so high. Opinions are understandably split on him and personally I would have him way, way lower.

As for this being a Saints Round 1 Big Board, I think my personal top 5 would be:

1) Myles Garrett
2) Derek Barnett
3) Tim Williams
4) Jonathan Allen
5) Zach Cunningham

Same for you, I green thumbed. Zach Cunningham in the top 5?? Man I sure hope the Saints aren't thinking like you. I just don't see what all the fuss is about with him. Looks like a late first round talent at best to me. I've got him ranked 15th but there are players I don't have listed like some QBs that will be going early.

Man I want Adoree Jackson. Mostly because I know Myles Garret and Jabrill Peppers are pipe dreams. We have a legitimate shot to Improve our secondary and return game immensely all in one

Man I want Adoree Jackson. Mostly because I know Myles Garret and Jabrill Peppers are pipe dreams. We have a legitimate shot to Improve our secondary and return game immensely all in one

My thoughts exactly. He's the best return man in the draft. That alone is worth a decent pick. But he is a really good CB too. And he can CATCH. Would be nice to see a CB that can catch balls consistently that hit him right in the hands. Definitely my number 1 DB for us.

We never trade down

Nor should we IMO although that is not a popular opinion around here. I'd rather have a stud like Sheldon Rankins that take a chance on 2 maybes. You gotta be perfect on those 2 to make the deal work. Sure you have the chance on the higher pick being a bust but the upside should be so much higher

At least by tomorrow night we'll know where we'll be drafting. Then I can enjoy the first 125 mock drafts before I start to get sick of them. :smilielol:

So many talented players. The combine this year should be FUN.

It really should. Some of the players I'm most excited to see are Reuben Foster, Tak McKinley, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Adoree Jackson (CJ2k's record), Tim Williams, Kendell Beckwith, and TJ Watt.

At least by tomorrow night we'll know where we'll be drafting. Then I can enjoy the first 125 mock drafts before I start to get sick of them. :smilielol:

Start? I go through 125 mocks by the end of the week. And that's just until Fanspeak or First-Pick update their boards.

I'd think I have a problem if I didn't remember how much my sister and so many other people play Candy Crush or that all those two have cost me is about $7 for the premium version that lets me trade and make my own board.

He has his own thread going, but I believe Solomon Thomas just bumped Cunningham off of my big board.

Guess I'll go ahead and make the edit.

Edit:

Imagine the run stuffing/pass rushing from this D line:

Cam Jordan, Nick Fairley, Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas

My goodness

I think Peppers is a smaller/faster Vaccaro that can't cover as well. We already have Vaccaro as our "in the box" safety. I don't think Peppers will be that great playing deep.

The Saints really run with a 3-safety base. They play a traditional free safety (currently played by Byrd) that plays deeper zones, a traditional strong safety (currently played by Harper, and previously Bush) that covers intermediate zones and assists in strong side run defense, and a OLB/S hybrid (currently played by Vaccaro) who plays man against opposing TEs or bigger slot receivers and assisting in strong side run defense. Bell is essentially our dime safety, serving as a second FS.

Peppers helped the Saints year one by immediately bring one of the best returners in the game. He will also be a stud on special team defense. The guy is made to be a special teams standout.

He helps the Saints year one as a defender by replacing Harper as the Saints traditional strong safety. He was absolutely made for the role. He will dominate intermediate zone coverage while Vaccaro goes man against the opposing team's TE or big slot receiver.

But where he really comes into value is year two. What happens with Vaccaro and Byrd? Having Peppers would make the blow of losing Vaccaro palatable. If Byrd is cut...Bell becomes a starting FS, and Peppers becomes even more essential as a third safety. There are some that believe that Peppers can be a free safety or CB...I don't think it would be ideal. But with Bell...the Saints wouldn't be in that position for a while.

Start? I go through 125 mocks by the end of the week. And that's just until Fanspeak or First-Pick update their boards.

I'd think I have a problem if I didn't remember how much my sister and so many other people play Candy Crush or that all those two have cost me is about $7 for the premium version that lets me trade and make my own board.
No, I'm talking about the Mock Madness on SR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom