Saint Ace's Mock Offseason 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saint Ace's Mock Offseason 2.0

Free Agency:
Nick Fairley, DT
Nick Perry, EDGE
Kevin Zeitler, RG
AJ Klein, LB

Draft:
1. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
2. Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
3. Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston
4. Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

Posted in the mock drafts thread, but figured I would get more feedback like this. I went away from a lot of my wants (a top corner in free agency and Solomon Thomas in round 1), and went with what I think is more likely to happen.

Let me know what you think.

Edit:
Another scenario I could see happening and would like even more than this, is Malik Hooker falling to 11 and grabbing him in the first followed by a corner like Adoree Jackson or Tre'Davious White in the 2nd. Don't think Hooker making it to 11 is all that likely though. But there's an outside chance considering his surgery.

Works for me.

Do you think it's realistic? On one hand 3 top free agents seems like a long shot, but the again, 2017 is do or die. Also was unsure about back to back DBs in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Almost went with Jarrad Davis in the 2nd.

Do you think it's realistic? On one hand 3 top free agents seems like a long shot, but the again, 2017 is do or die. Also was unsure about back to back DBs in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Almost went with Jarrad Davis in the 2nd.

We signed Byrd in 2014 with less than $3 million in cap space. This year we have $30 million+. I realize that that example is being tossed around, but I do worry that New Orleans isn't as attractive of a destination for big ticket free agents as it was a few years ago - putting us in a situation where we will be forced to overpay to entice the players we need. Three 7-9 seasons may have that effect. I guess we'll know whether or not that's the case in three weeks.

I think going DB back-to-back isn't out of the realm of possibility. You can look at our draft history under Payton and realize that he values those positions more than most (if not all). I think it would simply come down to value or skillset, and would more likely involve two corners. Hooker and Lattimore both would be extremely hard to pass up at 11, but Lattimore is more likely to be available. I'd say Lattimore and Jackson would be the most likely scenario.

I'd love Zeitler, but I think he probably signs with someone who will throw way more money at him.

Ronald Leary is probably more in our wheelhouse.

If we picked up the free agents you have listed here, then I'd think we make a play for Lattimore with the 11th pick. Unless he's gone by then of course.

And I think you are correct that Thomas won't be there at #11. He would be a very good piece for us, especially if we lose Fairley.

Like, with a qualifier..........

Sign these free agents and trade up for an instant starter, or trade down for more players who can help this defense / Offense.

If we picked up the free agents you have listed here, then I'd think we make a play for Lattimore with the 11th pick. Unless he's gone by then of course.

In this scenario Lattimore, Hooker, Adams, and Thomas all go top 10. If one of them are there, they would be my pick.

I'd love Zeitler, but I think he probably signs with someone who will throw way more money at him.

Ronald Leary is probably more in our wheelhouse.

I'd rather pay a little more and get a player that we know is elite. I could see us going with Leary or Warford though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom